Author Topic: Deep Space Nine  (Read 470 times)

comrade_general

• Eternal Despot of RTW
  • 100% Prime Angus Beef
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Exilian
    • Awards
Deep Space Nine
« on: December 23, 2015, 04:43:38 PM »
Just finished watching this series again last night.  :'(

Definitely the most standout but overshadowed series of ST.
I'd be more apathetic if I weren't so lethargic.

Tusky

• Spatharios
    Senior Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
Re: Deep Space Nine
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 11:32:26 PM »
Just started watching this through on the 'flix.

I always liked any ST series - even the naff ones. But never DS9. I'd seen the odd episode as a kid but thought it wasn't for me. Because (of what I have since learned is a commonly cited argument that) it's called star trek! But they are stationary!

However young and foolish me has been proven wrong yet again: I really like it!

I love that the characters have their various affiliations, which lead to them having different agendas. It's in stark contrast to TNG, which I previously cited as my favorite series. For example when there is a problem it's not always resolved by having a lovely chat in the briefing room. Instead they will frequently argue or maybe just disobey orders to get what they want. Also there is a whole political backdrop to it all, too. I probably missed that because it's well established in the early episodes, but I wasn't aware of it.
That's only my first impression as of half way though season 1. I'm aware that there are lots of story arcs in DS9 that are much better than in any other series, so looking forward to seeing what the team get up to.

I often wondered what it would be like to forget I ever saw something I really like and see it for the first time again (LOTR or star wars etc). It would be so cool. I feel like I've actually found something like that. An old little gem from the nineties that should have been my favorite the whole time.

I guess it's my MO to only get into things at least 1 or 2 decades after everyone else.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 11:41:13 PM by Tusky »
Select AppleDanish From Pantry Where Count(MyDeliciousThings) < 1

comrade_general

• Eternal Despot of RTW
  • 100% Prime Angus Beef
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Exilian
    • Awards
Re: Deep Space Nine
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 11:52:42 PM »
+9,000 for this! Keep watching it only gets better! Keep posting back so we can talk about it! !!!!
I'd be more apathetic if I weren't so lethargic.