Author Topic: New Hired Swords Rules  (Read 48229 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
New Hired Swords Rules
« on: March 20, 2009, 09:35:33 PM »
This will be for ideas for new HS and stuff.

Runaway Noblewoman 20gc hire/10gc upkeep +12 to warband rating
M4 WS4 BS4 S3 T3 W1 I4 A1 Ld8
Sword, dagger, Crossbow pistol
Speed, Shooting, Combat skill lists
Damsel not in distress; The Noblewoman is not afraid of fighting anyone. She is immune to 'all alone' tests when outnumbered by 2 models (but not more).

Hobgoblin Assassin 25gc hire/13gc upkeep   +11 to warband rating
M4 WS4 BS3 S3 T3 W1 I4 A2 Ld6
2 daggers, throwing knives (all coated in unlimited black lotus), Net, Rope&Hook
Block in the dark; The hobgoblin must be able to block a blow armed with almost nothing. When using both daggers, he gets a single parry save.
Scale Sheer Surfaces, Knife Fighter

Dwarf Ronin 55gc hire/30gc upkeep  +30 to warband rating
M3 WS5 BS3 S4 T4 W2 I2 A1 Ld9
Cathayan Sword (+1I, parry), Nipponese Armour (5+AS, 4+ against cutting weapons), Shield, Katana (2 hands, +1S, Parry)
Strength, Combat skill lists
Samurai; This fighter has been trained in the art of war. He gains -1 to enemy armour saves, and +1 to injury rolls.
Hard to Kill: Dwarfs are tough, resilient individuals who are only taken Out Of Action on a roll of 6 instead of 5-6 when rolling on the Injury chart. Treat a roll of 1-2 as Knocked Down, 3-5 as Stunned, and 6 as Out Of Action.
Hard Head: Dwarfs ignore the special rules for maces, clubs, etc. They are not easy to knock out.
Hates Orcs & Goblins: See the Psychology section of the rules for details on the effects of hatred.

Halfling Priest 20gc hire/10gc upkeep  + 10 to warband rating
M4 WS2 BS4 S2 T2 W1 I5 A1 Ld8
Staff (count as halberd)
Speed, Academic, Combat skill lists
Preacher;The priest can rally your men. You may re-roll your first failed rout test of the battle.

Night Watchman 20gc hire/10gc upkeep +12 to warband rating
M4 WS3 BS3 S3 T3 W1 I3 A1 Ld7
Halberd, Lantern, Light Armour, Helmet, Crossbow
Speed, Strength, Combat, Shooting skill lists

Halfling Barbarian 20gc hire/10gc upkeep  +10 to warband rating
M4 WS3 BS4 S3 T2 W1 I5 A2 Ld8
Halfling-size greatsword (count as halberd).
Speed, Strength, Combat skill lists
Barbarians are affected by Frenzy

Prophet of Doom 35gc hire/17gc upkeep  +15 to warband rating
M4 WS3 BS2 S3 T4 W1 I3 A2 Ld10
Flail
Combat, Strength skill lists
Hates chaotic creatures of any sort, Frenzy, Immune to Psychology
The doom prophets are insane men whose desire to fight chaos has overcome even their sanity...

Emissiary of San'gath 35gc hire/17gc upkeep   +20 to warband rating
M4 WS3 BS3 S3 T3 W1 I3 A1 Ld7
Light armour, staff (count as spear, holy weapon)
Speed, Academic, Combat, Strength skill lists
Hates chaotic creatures of any sort
Prophet; May choose when buying to either cast lesser magic or to gain +1W, +1WS and +1Ld
The Emissiaries of San'gath are a new order of sentient beings dedicated to the end of Chaos. They walk in dark robes, and seek new knowledge of how to fight the servants of the Dark gods.

Dwarven Emissiary of San'gath 50gc hire/25gc upkeep +27 to warband rating
M3 WS4 BS3 S3 T4 W1 I2 A1 Ld9
Light armour, staff (count as spear, holy weapon)
Strength, Academic, Combat skill lists
Hates chaotic creatures of any sort
Strike chaos; When in base-to-base contact with any chaos creature, the prophet may choose, instead of attacking to paralyse them with his touch, preventing them attacking or counterattacking until after their next close combat phase.
Hard to Kill: Dwarfs are tough, resilient individuals who are only taken Out Of Action on a roll of 6 instead of 5-6 when rolling on the Injury chart. Treat a roll of 1-2 as Knocked Down, 3-5 as Stunned, and 6 as Out Of Action.
Hard Head: Dwarfs ignore the special rules for maces, clubs, etc. They are not easy to knock out.
Hates Orcs & Goblins: See the Psychology section of the rules for details on the effects of hatred.
The Emissiaries of San'gath are a new order of sentient beings dedicated to the end of Chaos. They walk in dark robes, and seek new knowledge of how to fight the servants of the Dark gods.

Champion of Malal 70gc hire/35gc upkeep +35 to warband rating
M4 WS5 BS3 S4 T4 W2 I5 A3 Ld9
2H weapon, Heavy Armour, Helmet
Speed, Combat, Strength skill lists
Hates all chaos, Strongman, Pit Fighter
Chosen of Malal; The Champion's attacks count as holy against any chaos, demons or posessed, but holy attacks work against him as well. Against Chaos creatures or followers he gains +1S.

Courtesan 25gc hire/15gc upkeep  + 13 to warband rating
M4 WS4 BS3 S3 T3 W1 I5 A1 Ld8
Sword, sword, dagger, Bow
Damsel not in distress; The Courtesan is not afraid of fighting anyone. She is immune to 'all alone' tests when outnumbered by 2 models (but not more).
Femme fatale; Members of the opposite sex (not including braindead, dwarfs or posessed) must pass a Ld test to charge the courtesan.

Orc Marksman 35gc hire/17gc upkeep  +14 to warband rating
M4 WS3 BS4 S3 T4 W1 I2 A1 Ld7
Crossbow, Light Armour, Axe, Shield
Orc, Strength, Shooting skill lists

Fallen Knight 40gc hire/20gc upkeep  +22 to warband rating
M4 WS4 BS3 S4 T3 W1 I4 A1 Ld8
Heavy armour, sword, shield
Strength, Combat skill lists
Expert Swordsman

Pit Beast Fighter 40gc hire/20gc upkeep +20 to warband rating
Spear, Light Armour, Buckler
Speed, Strength, Combat skill lists
Beast Fighter; Immune to any fear or psychology tests caused by animals, +1A when fighting an animal
Pit Fighter

Imperial Engineer 55gc hire/30gc upkeep  + 28 to warband rating
M4 WS3 BS4 S3 T3 W1 I3 A1 Ld7
light armour, sword, handgun
Skills: Shooting, academic, speed
Hunter
Pigeon Bombs: as described in Warhammer Armies: the Empire
Engineer: All blackpowder weapons in the players warband have been tweaked by the engineer and so are on +1 to hit

Dwarf Cartographer 45gc hire/27gc upkeep +30  to warband rating
M3 WS4 BS3 S3 T4 W1 I2 A1 Ld9
Dwarf Axe, Shield, Light Armour, Helmet
Strength, Combat, Academic skill lists
Mapmaker; Mordheim maps are not considered a rare item.

Priest of Rhuin 50gc hire/25gc upkeep +20 to warband rating
Light armour, sword, shield, helmet
Academic, Combat skill lists
Flaming sword :
prayer at dificulty 9, priest gets +2 WS +1 Attack +1 Str. Take a leadership test at the end of each turn (your turn and your opponents.) If the test fails the prayer drains away. May only be used once per turn.

Bucaneer 90gc hire/35gc upkeep  +35 to warband rating
M4 WS4 BS4 S3 T3 W1 I4 A2 Ld8
Light Armour, Cutlass, brace of Duelling Pistols, Buckler
combat speed shooting
Charismatic
Cutlass Master: These short, single bladed swords are the mainstays of any pirate crew, and in the hands of a trained seaman they are superb weapons for close quarters fighting. If the pirate is equipped with a Sword, this skill will give him the additional benefit of also being able to parry successfully if the player rolls equal to number rolled to hit, not just higher as normal. This extra ability only apply if the Pirate is not in the open; i.e.., only when in cover or in a building, within 2" of a terrain feature like a wall or tree, etc. 
Swashbuckler: The pirate cuts a dashing figure in combat, mixing dazzling swordplay and acrobatic feats with charm and witty comments. Even the basest villains in Mordheim respect (and curse) his ability to always seem to effortlessly slip from their grasp. The pirate may make a Leadership Test at the end of any Hand to Hand phase (pirate’s or enemy’s turn) if he is still in base contact with any enemy models. If he passes he may make a normal movement away from the enemy (he may not run or charge), without the enemy striking any blows on him. If he fails the test he remains in hand to hand combat and must fight as normal in the following turn.
Spy Glass: A pirate can use his trusty spy glass to examine the combat ground, spotting any yellow dogs who try to sneak about! At the start of his turn, the owner can try to detect one Hidden enemy model to which he has normal Line of Sight. On a roll of 4+, the model looses his Hidden status. The spying Pirate can move as normal in that turn, but cannot run or charge.
Enchanted Compass: This apparently broken compass does not point North put to what the owner most desires.  Roll a D6 after every battle on a roll of 1-4 the Bucaneers' never ending love for rum has got the better of him and the warband find nothing but rum, on a 5-6 the Buckaneer has his thoughts straight and leads the warband to a mighty horde, D3 extra treasure/wyrdstone.
Can be hired by any warband apart from Former Guardsmen, Witch Hunters, Sisters of Sigmar or ones containing a bounty hunter

Norscan Wayfarer 40gc hire/20gc upkeep  + 15 to warband rating
M4 WS4 BS4 S3 T2 W1 I3 A1 LD7
Arms and armour:
Free dagger, sword/axe/mace, longbow, unique arrows may be bought for a Wayfarer, toughened leathers, helm may be bought.
Keen Senses: Wayfinders spot all Hidden models within DOUBLE Initiative distance
May take shooting, combat, speed and Norscan Explorers speacial skills.
May be hired by pretty much anything except Brettonians.

Philosopher 35gc hire/20gc upkeep  +20 to warband rating
M4 WS3 BS3 S3 T3 W1 I3 A1 Ld8
Dagger, Crossbow, Club
May take academic, speed and shooting skills.
Philosophy; The Philosopher may learn these studies instead of skills. They are randomly generated like spells. He starts with one study.
1. Study of Tactica: Allows owning player to redeploy d3 of his models after setup but before the frst turn begins.
2. Study of History: Allows the owning warband's models to hate the enmy warband on a roll of 4+ before the battle.
3. Study of Natural Philosophy: The owning warband gains +1 to hit any animals in the enmy warband.
4. Study of Mechanics: Gives +4" range to all crossbows in owning warband, and if the crossbow rolls a 6 to hit the hit gains +1 strength.
5. Study of Alchemy: On the roll of a 4 after each battle, the owning warband gains either 1xfire arrows or 1xsuperior blackpowder, their choice.
6. Study of Mysteries: The Philosopher may select one spell that an enemy magician can cast. On a roll of a 5+, he may learn it as a skill.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 11:25:22 PM by Jubal »
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Gen_Glory

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hired Swords
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 09:38:39 PM »
woot my special rule   maybe a rule like charismatic?
Tis but a scratch...

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hired Swords
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 10:09:52 PM »
I was thinking a different HS for that, but I will definitely write one with that.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Gen_Glory

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hired Swords
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 09:56:06 PM »
well what other ones could there be  the swashbuckler has already been done
Tis but a scratch...

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hired Swords
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 07:09:59 AM »
I meant a flipped version,a femme fatale special rule of some sort.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hired Swords
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 04:54:55 PM »
Added several more. Thoughts?

Gen_Glory

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hired Swords
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 05:29:27 PM »
Ronin is bit cheap
Tis but a scratch...

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hired Swords
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 05:36:54 PM »
Might be that hired swords are all cheap but most of those seem pretty damn cheap.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hired Swords
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 06:51:36 PM »
They're all quite cheap tbh, but there again most of the above ain't that great.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hired Swords
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 07:37:34 PM »
3 more added.

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hired Swords
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 08:15:45 PM »
I think you should raise the cost of the champ of Mal, he could smash the armadillo out of most people's leaders.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hired Swords
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2009, 09:06:43 PM »
Done.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hired Swords
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2009, 09:07:41 PM »
What were the katana rules?

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hired Swords
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009, 09:09:44 PM »
2 handed, +1str, parry.

Gen_Glory

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards