Author Topic: Web Shows  (Read 2614 times)

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Web Shows
« on: March 05, 2016, 05:12:15 PM »
Could have sworn I made a thread about this before but I can't find it :/

Anyway I've been watching a lot of RollPlay on itmeJP's channel. He's got multiple RPG shows, Swan Song is Firefly-esque, Mirrorshades is Shadowrun, there's a couple of DnD ones, warhammer 40k, Star Wars, probably 6 or 7 others. The shows start slow for the most part but as the players get more comfortable it gets better and better.

So far I've seen Sagas of the Icelanders which is about Norwegians settling in Iceland and trials and tribulations associated.The Mirrorshades campaign I was obsessed with was absolutely fantastic, sad it's over but it ended so freakin well it tempers the anguish that it's gone. I also saw the Star Wars one, which is done over 2 days (8 episodes). Everyone was in cosplay and is very much a star wars short story by itself. The combat in that game is really well done too.

The one I'm currently watching (60 or so episodes in) is called West Marches which is typical DnD 5th. It has a load of people on it as opposed to Mirrorshades and Sagas using the same 4 people, which works well in the setting.

There's always a ton of energy and what looks like genuine excitement to play, people get into their roles. It's great, would recommend a lot.

Here's a link to all the shows: https://www.youtube.com/user/itmeJP/playlists
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Web Shows
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 11:58:30 AM »
The main thing I get from watching this is just sadness that I haven't been in an RPG campaign since forever and I've no idea when I'm next going to because they're too time consuming :(
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 12:23:25 PM »
:/
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 11:54:14 PM »
I was talking to a friend earlier and may get some gaming done in April/May/June... will keep people posted.

Should I try and DM a forum RPG again sometime?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 01:00:34 AM »
I'd like that if you're willing, when I tried DM'ing one it took up too much of my time because I tried to do it when I was working, and when I was working I was drunk every night and couldn't get armadillo done. I still have a storyline for it actually.

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 06:20:55 PM »
Sounds sound. I think I might try and do some RPGing here soon, I can probably find time.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2016, 09:58:26 PM »
When I get back from Conference I'll try and write up some short campaign ideas, will probably do Guns, Swords and Steam unless there are strong objections to it.

Clockwork

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2016, 12:28:57 AM »
JPs new Star Wars RPG Balance of Power just started this week. So far 2 episodes up on youtube, follow the link in op. Decent cast, best DM.