Author Topic: Son of a Witch: Devlog and general discussion  (Read 216979 times)

bigosaur

• View Profile
    • Bigosaur
    • Awards
Re: Son of a Witch: Devlog and general discussion
« Reply #720 on: April 18, 2022, 12:22:05 AM »
It's one of those things that I've usually found OK doing it on my own & focused

Yes. Going to hell definitely isn't something you want to be doing when you just want to have some fun with your friends. It can feel punishing even with the Halloween shortcut. It's a level that's meant to be hard and frustrating. I guess you completed all the other achievements, so that's why you do it?

On the other hand, I have watched videos of players playing Hell co-op in hard mode and completing it while having fun... so I'm sometimes not sure if it's hard enough.  >:D

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Son of a Witch: Devlog and general discussion
« Reply #721 on: April 18, 2022, 01:44:37 PM »
Hm, I think Hell is hard enough, and I don't actually think it's off limits for fun with friends games at all - yes, we usually die, but then we're probably at 90+ percent success chance of completing the game the usual way so Hell is quite good for an actual challenge (we could also switch to hard mode rather than regular, but hell is a more fun way to get bonus challenge because you get new enemy types, tactics, etc, rather than "everything is just harder").

In general, if people want to get more challenge they can always play on Hard Mode or try going through hell on a barbarian challenge or something - I don't think the game is lacking in ways to stretch players, for the most part!
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...