Workshop Booze Up VII - New Year, Same Plague, Same Booze Up, Deja Vu

Started by comrade_general, March 19, 2016, 07:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glaurung

Jubal

That's one of the better ones I've seen from this year :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Pentagathus

Oh good, they might make a black hole just large enough to suck up london before it disappears. And yes that's how physics works.

Jubal

The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Pentagathus

Jubal

comrade_general

Jubal

comrade_general

Jubal

Silver Wolf

"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Glaurung

I'm well, thanks, and enjoying the start of spring in the UK. I'm spending a lot of my time at the moment walking around Cambridge, pushing leaflets into letterboxes for the Liberal Democrat Party. Hopefully this will encourage people to vote accordingly in the local council elections in early May.

How are things with you?

Jubal

Well, I had an interesting evening out today - met up with four of the other Byzantinists, got a (very good) Greek takeaway, and then went to an Orthodox hymn concert at Birmingham's Orthodox cathedral. The concert was... interesting, there was a lot of very Greek vocal wibbling and I didn't understand more than occasional words for obvious reasons (ancient Greek looks more similar to modern Greek than its pronunciation is, especially the vowels - in modern Greek most vowels have mutated to a short "i" or "ee" sound, and when I say most they even pronounce "u" as "ee"). It was very impressive stuff nonetheless, and at least got me properly out the house for the first time in a week :)

comrade_general

At first I was like "Hodor", but then I was like "Hodor".

Glaurung