Author Topic: Bug Reports  (Read 11318 times)

Shorty86

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Bug Reports
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2016, 05:06:02 PM »
Hello comrade General,

this mod looks very promising. Love the got Story. but is there any way to play it with medieval total war, too? or is it only for rome total war? sorry for replying here, did Not want to Start another topic.

best regards

Fannis of the Stannis

• fannis of stannis the mannis with the plannis
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2016, 09:22:56 AM »
no this mod is for RTW
there is another mod fot medieval (westeros total war)

jamespag

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2016, 03:15:47 PM »
I was playing the Campaign tried any houses for a while and the game crashes everytime i end the turn.  :'(
other than that the mod was really cool
what can i do? :) ty!

dickiestomickies

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2017, 11:34:11 AM »
Um why does it keep crashing whenever I open rtw pls help

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2017, 12:33:13 PM »
What sort of crash do you get? If it's crashing when you open it, that probably means you haven't installed it right. Can you still open normal RTW as usual?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

WookieeWithAShotgun

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2017, 02:07:59 PM »
I have a bug which crashes the game to desktop whenever I view a generals screen for a general with the standard bodyguard, this is only an issue with the latest version, any idea on the cause and the fix?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2017, 07:35:14 PM »
Hm - have you used the show_err command line and does that come up with anything?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

WookieeWithAShotgun

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2017, 01:56:28 AM »
Hmm show_err did nothing, it still says that A problem has forced the game to close, nothing that actually tells us anything, I redownloaded and reinstalled hoping that something was corrupted but alas nothing changed

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2017, 11:55:46 AM »
Do you get a crash when you look at the bodyguard unit's screen without a general, like in a custom battle? And do all generals of all factions have the problem?

WookieeWithAShotgun

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2017, 12:54:57 PM »
No, the screen that causes the crash is the one with the mercenary recruitment and character ancillaries, but for some reason character with a custom bodyguard like Dany are fine but any character with the standard bodyguard crash the game when viewing this screen.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2017, 03:07:15 PM »
Odd question, but can you access the family tree OK? Wondering if it's something to do with family portraits.

WookieeWithAShotgun

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2017, 06:05:41 PM »
Family Tree is fine, no crash or anything. I've tried it with more factions and the crash seems to pick factions at random to affect, for example Renly's faction is fine but the Starks, Targarians, Wildlings, and several others seem to be affected. This might be one of the weirdest bugs i've seen since that daylight setting bug with TATW

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2017, 11:19:01 PM »
Hm, if it's Starks and Wildlings then it may be something culture based I guess... I'll need to have a think, it's a while since I did any RTW modding and it's a complex problem.

WookieeWithAShotgun

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2017, 03:34:09 PM »
It's strange problem and one that effects gameplay a bit too much to make the mod playable, it's a real shame as well, I played the previous version (which doesn't seem to be downloadable anymore :/) and it was already really great, my modding capabilities are really limited, although if there's anyway i can help, I would be glad to help

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2017, 12:13:47 PM »
Hm - the next step would be to try changing which unit is the bodyguard - if you want to have a go at that, you'll need the export_descr_unit file in the data folder and the maps/world/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt file. Go into EDU, find another unit from an affected faction, give it the generals_unit attribute, then go into descr_strat and change any refs to the original generals' unit there. The original RTW names map onto new factions - Targaryen is Seleucids if you want to try those.

At some point I may be able to take a better look myself, but I'm travelling a lot and preparing for a conference I'm speaking at atm so a tad short on time, happy to talk you through anything I can though :)