Author Topic: Sword of Damocles - Invasion  (Read 14730 times)

DeepComet5581

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Kitten with a Camera
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
    • Awards
Sword of Damocles - Invasion
« on: April 18, 2009, 01:06:20 PM »
As Darkstar's description of the BEST and biggest M&B mod around is quite small, here is a feature list of eveything in the latest version taken directly from the topic. The latest version (4.1 Final #2) can be found here with a full changelog.

[Become a King]
  If you capture a a town or acastle without a claimant or an oath you can create a new kingdom. [from AoM by Highlander]
  You can recruit maximum of 20 new lords. You can't have more lords than you have centers. [from AoM by Highlander]
  You can assign fiefs to your lords. Order your lords to stay in their castle to garrison it. [from AoM by Highlander]
  Rule Your kingdom through court. Issue orders to Chancellor, Treasurer and Marshal.
  Chancellor - Declare War to other Kings.
  Chancellor - Recruit Lords and Manage Fiefs.
  Chancellor - Change Your kingdom Color.
  Chancellor - Can now tell your global population and global faith. NEW
  The more fiefs Your Lords have the larger army they can have. Wait a bit before you assign fiefs to new lords!
  Population has been added.  Each Village and City now has population. It's extreemly important factor. NEW
  Population number is now base income from fief. NEW
  Starting population values for are 50-250 for Villages and 500-1500 for Towns. As Town importance is much higher. NEW
  At the begining income will be smaller than in Native but population will eventualy grow. NEW
  Weekly population growth is based on Prosperity, Local Faith acceptance, Popularity, Tax level, and on new factor Health NEW
  Population growth can be negative if the factors above are very bad. NEW
  Population will also drop when village is raided or when town is being sieged. NEW
   Castles now don't give you ANY money. In fact their maintenance costs you 250 denars weekly. NEW
   When You order Your marshal to garrison Towns and Castles, town/castle's village population will drop for each recruited troop. Recruiting nobility from Chapters does not affect population. NEW
  Health - has been added. It mainly influences population growth and will be responsible for firing Disease events. NEW
  Treasurer - Change Taxes.
  Treasurer - Engage in trade enterprises. Not directly but through Merchant's Guild representatives.
  Taxes - you can change tax levels of your fiefs. High taxes increase your income but decrease your popularity and prosperity.

There are 7 tax levels. The lowest, Voluntary, reduce taxes by 80% and give you 3 popularity and 3 prosperity bonus in every town and village each weak. Next step is 30% and 2 popularity and prosperity then 15% and 1 popularity and prosperity. High taxes act opposite.
 Merchant's Guild - Build Merchant's Guild Halls in towns to increase their prosperity and to increase chance of succes and income of your trade enterprises.

[Deal with Unexpected]
  You will have now to deal with dozens of problems in Your life as a King.
  Random events will make You feel like You realy are rulling a kingdom.
  They will come from different fields. Your choices will have siginificant impact on a Game.

[Build an Army]
  More detail on Army Management with new troop trees in Troop thread.
  When You arrived to Caladria from Your motherland devastated by Imperial Legions under the lead of Legate Gaius Marius only what was left from Your former glory was your armor, weapon and a horse. You must now prepare.
  At arrival You can only recruit and train mercenaries. If you give an oath to one of Caladrian Kings You can recruit and train Caladrian troops.
  But Why should You serve under alien kings blind for incoming danger?
  When You create own Kindom you can train peasants recruited from villages in Your towns and Castles.
  Barracks will help You train Your Infantry.
  Practice Range will help You train Your Ranged Soldiers.
  Stables will allow You to train Cavalry.
  Knight Chapters will attract Noble refuges from Your Motherland to join Your cause. Nobles are equiped in fabulous Siofna's Exclusive armors. NEW
  Marshal - when told to will upgrade Your soldiers if You have proper facilities.
  Upgrade cost. Training troops now costs money. NEW
  For each troop level it's 1 denar.  Cavalry costs 50% more.  Nobility costs 100% more. Faith troops cost 300% more. NEW

Example - Mounted faith troop will cost 30 (they are at lvl 30) + 50% for mounted x 4 = 180. Lvl 10 footman will cost only 10 denars.
 Blacksmith reduce this cost by 50%. NEW
  Blacksmith also make castle maintenance chaper by 50 denars. NEW
  Marshal - can also be ordered to fill up garrisons of your new Empire with troops.
  Marshal - can also summon Your Lords for a campaign and tell where specific lord is. NEW
  You may also tell any soldier from your army to form Regiment. The soldier will create new party. You may give troops and issue orders to this party. Upkeep for troops in Regiment is 50% higher.[from NNY by Geoffrey Ashe]
  You can also bribe bandits to join your party. You must have enough capacity to take them.[from NNY by Geoffrey Ashe]
  You may hire refugees, manhunters and townsmans in taverns. [from NNY by Geoffrey Ashe]
  You can buy ale in taverns to increase Your army morale. [from NNY by Geoffrey Ashe]
  You can now give/take troops from patrols. Not only give. NEW
  All patrols carry your banner. NEW
  After a battle Your faithfull companions will equip loot. [by fisheye]

[Spread true Faith]
  You are no longer man from nowhere. Thus Your faith (lack of it) is known.
  Choose From 4 Fiaths to belive in or renounce faith.
  Spread Your faith across lands.
  Build religius or secular structures. Temples, Chapels, Shrines, Monasteries, Libraries, Schools.
  When Your Faith is strong enough it may be that some of Your best knights will follow path of Faith and become Holy Warriors.

[Repel an Invasion]
  One Legion, containing hardened veterans will invade Caladria.As it invaded Your land. You have one year to prepare your kingdom for war.
  Imperial Expeditionary Forces are led by powerfull Legate Gaius Marius and his 80 centurions.
It consists of (from weakest to strongest):
  Infantry: Velites->Hestati->Principes->Triarii
  Cavalry: Lancearii->Contarii->Cathaparcii
  Mounted Archers: Sagittarii

[Restore Your Motherland]
  You came as You have choosen, from: Empire of Antares, Republic of Marina, Kingdom of Aden, Duchy of VIllian, or Zerrikanian Sulatanate.
  Military doctrine learned in Your motherland let's You to train 12 different troop types for each country.
  And In the feature, who knows, maybe V5 will have new land to conquer after You repel Invaders...

[Additional features]
 Items-  Excellent SoD exclusive Armor sets made by Siofna http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.php/topic,55040.0.html NEW
 Complete mouthnhoof's Weapon Overhaul. NEW
 Armors now divided into categories within which they have similar statistics to allow player a choice (as suggested by GADefence). NEW
 Computer battles are much faster, so if you see a battle and want to join don't wait or it may be too late
 More aggressive map AI
 After player is killed in battle troops continue to fight. Press TAB to leave. You can now charge free from autoresolve fear. NEW
 Food- Gives much more morale. Soldiers eat less (more than 3x less). NEW
 Jester- Right now he just offers cheats. If You use them Your game will probably suck. It's made for testers. Use it for own responsibility. NEW
 You can acces Party/Inventory windows while besieging a castle. NEW
 You can now talk to enemy lords and pay them (a LOT) to make peace with their kingdom. NEW
 Not releasing Centurions for ransom does not lower player's honor. NEW
 Own Lords will always have positive relation with player (every day game will check if it's positive so don't worry for temporary low relations). NEW
 Ransom brokers now pay you sum based on prisoner level. NEW
 It's easier to capture lords.
 Lords kept in castles are now less likely to escape (prisoner tower is still good idea).
 You collect taxes from all fiefs by visiting just one.
 Engineering has bigger impact on improvements. Having low engineering makes them slightly more expensive and time consuming while high engineering reduces cost and time greatly (GREATLY, really)
 Mill gives 5% bonus every 2 weeks and school gives 1 point bonus every week
 You can talk to Village Elder from village/town menu

Alongside this great mod, there are also 2 variants of the same mod.
Undead Invasion
Gunpowder Invasion
I used to do actual stuff around here, don't you know?

I would be ever so grateful if you would visit my YouTube Channel :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsLjOCNLe0ECID84Y3nrEjQ

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 01:09:21 PM »
I really should get round to playing SoD, it does look pretty complex.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

DeepComet5581

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Kitten with a Camera
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 01:13:05 PM »
Please do. It is a fantastic mod, and it does so much to improve the gameplay. It also does wonders for the play-time length. Usually I would play vanilla for about 2 hours and then get bored. I have played this for 10 hours straight.

Darkstar707

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 01:17:29 PM »
Quote from: "Boyninja616"
Please do. It is a fantastic mod, and it does so much to improve the gameplay. It also does wonders for the play-time length. Usually I would play vanilla for about 2 hours and then get bored. I have played this for 10 hours straight.
Amen.

I currently am playing SoD and loving it, training your own units, being king.. so awesome..

Also, I have updated my list since then...

DeepComet5581

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Kitten with a Camera
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 01:20:25 PM »
Cool.

I have a couple of other mods that i'll be making topics for.

SouthernWarrior

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 01:56:56 AM »
Umm, question.

I can't send people on artifact finding missions for some odd reason.

I can hit send, and add money but not people?