Author Topic: Age of Empires III : Kings' Return mod  (Read 8042 times)

whiteraven

• View Profile
    • Awards
Age of Empires III : Kings' Return mod
« on: June 13, 2016, 09:59:06 AM »
Hi everybody.
Check out my new mod of AOE III "Kings' Return" coming Sept 2016 :)
http://www.moddb.com/mods/age-of-empires-3-kings-return
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6wFuwpqPx3c

Short description: King's Return is a free fan-based mod for the game Age of Empires 3 and its two official expansions. The mod will stick with AOE III timeline but will focus on early timeline of the original game i.e 16th 17th and 18th centuries. The main emphasis is introduce new civilizations approximately existed in the same era. The mod will feature 4 totally new civilizations: Mongols (Timurids), Persians (Safavids), Oyo Kingdom (African), Kongo Kingdom (African) and Knights Hospitaller (Maltese).

Comments & critics are welcome
Cheers :)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Age of Empires III : Kings' Return mod
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 10:26:59 AM »
Ooh, lovely - I don't know much about the two African kingdoms at all, what sort of units/style will they have? :)

Is it just the case in AoE3 that you can add new factions without any limit on the number? I did a bit of modding of it in the past, but that was ages ago.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

whiteraven

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 03:51:17 PM »
Each African civilization will have its own play style. They will have some shared units & some unique units to each civilization. The Oyo Kingdom is a cavalry-based Civ with unique hand cavalry (heavy cavalry) & spear throwing cavalry (light cavalry). The Kongolese will have their unique set of units like poisoned arrow bowmen (the poisoned arrow has a small chance to do a "paralyze" effect which will "stun" the attacked unit for few seconds :) . Additionally, you can refer to my article on moddb.com for further information http://www.moddb.com/mods/age-of-empires-3-kings-return/news/age-of-empires-3-kings-return :)
I will be updating my page on moddb.com regularly so you can keep watching if you are interested :) .

In AOE3 the civilization you can add is hardcore-limited but there is a work around in the age community to add new Civs will keeping the existing ones. Additionally there seems to be a break-through in modding AOE3  as a patch has been released but the modding community which can enable you directly to add new civilizations.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 09:09:47 PM »
Ooh, that is interesting. I've always wanted to have a go at adding the late (1450s) Byzantines in for an alt-history where they last into the Early Modern era...
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...