Author Topic: RTR Needs Help!  (Read 7731 times)

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RTR Needs Help!
« on: June 28, 2016, 11:09:27 PM »
Hey everyone!

I know it has been awhile, but progress has been going ever so smoothly for myself and the RTR Project mod. We are getting contributions daily, and we are close to releasing a 2nd public beta, but we need dedicated help! We lack in the Public Relations department. Making previews, aar's taking screens, making videos, and having a social media page can help us generate more interest. However we are so busy modding that we can't get anything made for the public to view! So I have an idea for both RTR and Exilian:

I would consider having Exilian as a host site for RTR, as TWC is slowly dying away and the RTW community is small enough to where Exilian can really be a great hub for RTW and RTR fans. However, I'd like someone to be able to help spread the word and get people interested enough to come to exilian to download RTR and build a community.
Jubal and I have talked about this in the past but I put it on hold. However, having RTR here just seems to make the most sense if it's possible to customize this section of the forum, and we can link it to the RTR website as well.

Anyways, citizens of Exilian, here is the place to discuss and brainstorm, let me know what you all think!
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: RTR Needs Help!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 11:17:11 PM »
I'm certainly happy to help do some social media work if that's going to be matched by having more content & commitment for Exilian from you guys. What sorts of customisations do you want on the forum area?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 11:20:33 PM »
Well great, facebook, twitter, youtube.. Any outlets would help.

I just want RTR to have a home. TWC is an obvious choice but it's just different there. I want a new place where there is a clean slate. I'd also want someone to be reaching out to the historical websites and forums to generate users there to come here.
Maybe a custom skin? I'm not sure, what options do I have? I'd want to hide our old development threads though.
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 12:02:34 AM »
We're definitely happy to be that home :)

For social media, I will happily pump out announcements etc on all of Exilian's accounts (YouTube included). Separate account for RTR might be a pain/barely worth it for FB where the algorithms are absolutely horrible for new project-pages with no budget; I'll happily set up a separate twitter if you want though, that's got a slightly nicer starting path and also I can pre-schedule tweets for it so it can be tweeting a few times a week without me needing to watch it constantly. Can do a separate YouTube channel too, if you want, though those need more artwork etc so take a little while to sort out.

I can clear away any old development threads into an archive well out of harm's way if you give me a list of which threads need moving.

Custom skin for this forum area is certainly do-able, though I'll need you to provide me with some guidelines for what you want, your logo, etc, and that'll take a bit of work, reskinning a forum is a non-trivial task.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 12:06:37 AM »
Basically every thread except this one should be archived.

Twitter is fine, I want to see if our YouTube Man Jack would be interested in doing the RTR channel. Is there any other good outlets to get news out?

As for skin. I'm not sure exactly, something that has an ancient feel, classical iron age feel I guess. And then our logo comes in many forms:
https://www.google.com/search?q=Rome+Total+Realism+Logo&biw=1366&bih=659&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjDu47E68vNAhUP72MKHe0NANUQ_AUIBigB#imgrc=VRlICcht-9svpM%3A
https://www.google.com/search?q=Rome+Total+Realism+Logo&biw=1366&bih=659&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjDu47E68vNAhUP72MKHe0NANUQ_AUIBigB

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2016, 04:17:18 PM »
OK (and are you including threads in the sub-board as ones you want archived?)

The thread archiving I can get round to later today, reskinning I'll look at hopefully at the weekend, though I've just moved house so dealing with that too at the moment.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2016, 06:35:02 PM »
No you can leave the child boards, and okay sounds good, looking forward to seeing the end result!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2016, 07:00:59 PM »
Also, do you mind if the board's URL (specifically the board number at the end of it) changes? I don't know where else you have links to here from, but you may need to update them.

ahowl11

• RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2016, 07:21:59 PM »
I don't think I have any so go ahead with the change

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2016, 09:09:10 PM »
Right, cleaned out the board entirely, that's step 1 done :)

wambat

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2016, 11:55:06 AM »
Tulkasthevaliant is a very prodigious youtube LP producer. If you have yet to contact him, either on youtube or TWC, you may wish to do so to see if he would be interested in starting a RTR video LP series.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2016, 11:33:33 PM »
To give another update on a job finally done, got the Exilian crosslink sorted so our homepage now links to the RTR project website :)