Author Topic: Tales of Thanglaec  (Read 4056 times)

DeepCandle Games

• RPG author and big nerd
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Aspiring TTRPG Writer
    • View Profile
    • My Ko-Fi Shop-front!
    • Awards
Tales of Thanglaec
« on: June 29, 2016, 01:59:50 AM »
Im starting a series of short stories based around the world of Deeper & Darker, aka Thanglaec.

Some of these might be poems but you get the idea.
I write many projects focused around RPGs and rules expansions!

If you'd like to support me you can buy (or download for free) my finished work from https://ko-fi.com/nanoteq_rpg or play-test them with me on my discord!

DeepCandle Games

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Aspiring TTRPG Writer
    • View Profile
    • My Ko-Fi Shop-front!
    • Awards
Re: Tales of Thanglaec
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 02:06:47 AM »
Have you heard the tale of the sunset pistoleers?
Who roam the lands to vanguish common fears?
Who banish bandits new and old,
Of whom many a tale has been told?

They once were all ordinary folk,
Hard working and of good yolk,
But then bandits stole the food they stored,
And put their settlements to the torch,

And so with many joyous cheers,
A few good folk formed the pistoleers,
Whos number grew over the years,
The good folk of the pistoleers,

Every man and woman within,
Has equal rights to everything,
Always battles do they win,
The sunset pistoleers.

So over the land they do roam,
Many a place do they call home,
And with many joyous cheers,
Ride the sunset pistoleers!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 02:16:18 AM by BearKnight »

If you'd like to support me you can buy (or download for free) my finished work from https://ko-fi.com/nanoteq_rpg or play-test them with me on my discord!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 01:32:03 PM »
Awesome! Can I add some bits if I get round to thinking of things? :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

DeepCandle Games

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Aspiring TTRPG Writer
    • View Profile
    • My Ko-Fi Shop-front!
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 04:24:38 PM »
Feel free. Visualize a spot on the map and try and imagine something that would fit into it, after that go crazy with it.
Generally here are some themes you could try and draw inspiration from, otherwise , if you can find others within yourself it is fine to use those!

1: Dark, moist, rainy. Sodden earth, thick stone walls, dense fog, and a freezing cold wind along with constant rain storms.
2: Bright, crisp, full of wonder. The world is exotic and smells of many strange scents.
3: A pure dedication to architectural marvels and mechanisms. Devices that would inspire the people of those times that may have seen them.
4: Amazing civic works, bustling cities and swooning noblemen and ladies. A large sparkling city of roses, with cheerful contented peasantry alongside gleeful, adored upperclassmen.
5: An open port with ships and stalls of all shapes, sizes and colours. Travelers from every corner of the world and fruits and spices from their homelands. A busy harbour-side of merchants, navy-men and other various deck-hands. Pennants and sails both do fly in the wind.
6: A place of natural wonders, with caves that represent images carved out by eons of flowing water. A place to explore. A place rich with adventure and reeking of the call of the wild.

Those should provide some variety but you don't have to use them :D .

DeepCandle Games

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Aspiring TTRPG Writer
    • View Profile
    • My Ko-Fi Shop-front!
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2016, 03:25:56 AM »
Giants Peak:
"The Giants Peak is testament to our insignificance."

- an anonymous villager

The Giants Peak is a gargantuan mountain to the south east of Thanglaec, the base of which covers so much space it is said that entire kingdoms dwell within.
The mountain is seen by most as a large pillar of solid stone, however it does indeed meet a singular point at the tip of its vast dimensions. There are two rivers that course around either side and meet again, creating a large river that flows on. the ledges that protrude off the mountains faces have maintained their own villages sometimes, and various creatures chisel holes out of the mountain to use as a shelter.

there is a large network of caverns in the mountain base and it is said that it was a monument crafted by giants.