Author Topic: Daughter of Coldharbour - Sigyn's Journal (Skyrim)  (Read 2854 times)

Lady Grey

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Daughter of Coldharbour - Sigyn's Journal (Skyrim)
« on: July 30, 2016, 11:23:08 PM »
Sort of related to my 'Sigyn's Journal' thread, but not really (this isn't inspired directly by gameplay, if that makes sense. I'm also planning multiple posts/chapters.)
This post is pretty short because it's still more an idea than an actual piece of writing. Also have no idea if people even like the idea, so let me know :P

A biting wind stung our faces as we left the protection of Solitude's walls. It would not be a pleasant journey through the mountain passes north-west of the city, but I was determined to reach our destination.

It had taken a fair bit of persuading to convince Serana to return to her childhood home off the coast of Haafingar. The last time either of us had laid eyes on the looming, black castle was after an unpleasant and final encounter with her father, and I had known she wouldn't be too enthusiastic about setting foot there again.

After a lot of talk of a 'healing process', plus the reminder that her mother still frequented her quarters there from time to time, my companion had finally agreed. Truthfully, yes, I did think perhaps there was some healing to be done, but I had my own reasons for wanting to see the fortress again.

Serana knew – to some degree – of my fascination with the Daughters of Coldharbour, of that I was sure. Since being a child, I'd read every book I could find, spoken with every priest and priestess I knew, about the Divines, and, becoming older, studied the Daedra. But the Daughters... they were something different. Something I knew to be legend, but never thought... I knew it would be difficult to explain to Serana. I expected her to be nothing less than defensive each time I asked,  and I already supposed she knew my insistence to return to Volkihar had something to do with it. She seemed to be much more sympathetic and open to my curiousity now, at least.

We made West, past the statue of Meridia, picking up a road to an old fort that led towards Icewater Jetty. Serana was much quieter than usual.

'Are you alright?' I asked, slowing on the road and turning to her. She looked up, shook her head, as if she had been lost in thought.

'I'm just fine.' She smiled, and knowing what I'd really been asking, added, 'It's nothing but an empty shell there now. My father, his followers, they're gone.' She half laughed, and smirked a little. 'It's not as if we're really going for me is it?'

I looked down, biting my lip awkwardly. Serana took hold of my arm.

'Really, Si, I don't mind. I'll give you it's not exactly conventional research, but...' she sighed. 'I just – I don't want you getting hurt, or caught up in something...'
I couldn't help scowling a little.

'You may be several thousand years my senior, but there's no need to be patronising.' I retorted playfully. Serana grinned once again.

'Let's keep moving then. The sun... well, it's not great for my skin, if you know what I mean.'

DeepCandle Games

• RPG author and big nerd
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Aspiring TTRPG Writer
    • View Profile
    • My Ko-Fi Shop-front!
    • Awards
Re: Daughter of Coldharbour - Sigyn's Journal (Skyrim)
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 04:30:52 AM »
I like it! Sounds like it could end up quite interesting!
I write many projects focused around RPGs and rules expansions!

If you'd like to support me you can buy (or download for free) my finished work from https://ko-fi.com/nanoteq_rpg or play-test them with me on my discord!

Quinn_Inuit

• Not a real eskimo
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Daughter of Coldharbour - Sigyn's Journal (Skyrim)
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 10:47:44 PM »
This is promising.  I'd read more.
--
My writing-related Twitter feed.

The Extended Realism Mod  for Rome-Total War:  come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions.  Or vice versa.