Author Topic: bug reports  (Read 11025 times)

comrade_general

bug reports
« on: April 30, 2009, 06:44:35 PM »
post them here!

SubRosa

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • http://home.comcast.net/~subrosa_florens/witch/index.html
    • Awards
bug reports
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 10:38:37 PM »
I just fired it up and took a look around playing as the Celts. I noticed that the fourth tier government building appears in their building browser, but as they do not have a fourth tier it is the default Roman barracks with the text saying that it should not be there. I also thought it was kind of strange that archers and javelinmen can both be recruited from the second tier archery building. Should not the javelinmen be from the tier 2 structure, and archers from a 3rd tier building?

Edit: You also might think about giving them chariots. I am not positive, but believe they were still using them on the continent during the time of PI.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 11:59:49 PM by SubRosa »

comrade_general

bug reports
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 12:17:26 AM »
I might just go ahead and remove that fourth tier government building. I think I gave it to them because of the new city models, but since they can't build anything new with it I might as well get rid of it.

As for the archery buildings, the Celts and Illyrians can only build tiers 1 and 2, but that is a good point, I need to change the javelins to tier 1 and then archers to tier 2. As well as adjust some missile peoples from other factions.

Not sure about chariots, I tried to even out the Celts and Illyrians, and I don't want the Celts too strong. If anything I should give the Indians the chariots that I forgot to give them.  :)

Anyway, thanks for the info, SubRosa!  :flashy:

Rhonen

• View Profile
    • Awards
bug reports
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 03:01:39 AM »
Hello, you might know this allready but ill say it anyway just to be sure :), The unit card for the Spartan hoplites is missing and instead theres a Peasant unit card.. But seens i cant find anyone else that have mentioned it, it feels like im the only one hehe..
and if so, how do i fix it? - Well i can reinstall but i was hoping for a bit faster solution, and btw very nice mod! :)

comrade_general

bug reports
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 03:26:33 AM »
Quote from: "Rhonen"
Hello, you might know this allready but ill say it anyway just to be sure :), The unit card for the Spartan hoplites is missing and instead theres a Peasant unit card.. But seens i cant find anyone else that have mentioned it, it feels like im the only one hehe..
and if so, how do i fix it? - Well i can reinstall but i was hoping for a bit faster solution, and btw very nice mod! :)
This isn't really a bug, just 'incompleteness' of the mod. You might have read in the readme that many unit cards are missing. There is no need to reinstall or anything, but I'm sorry that I don't have the capability to create a nice unit card for the Spartans, or any other unit that is missing them.

Thank you for checking, and thanks for trying out the mod.  ;)

Rhonen

• View Profile
    • Awards
bug reports
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 08:30:04 PM »
oh okey, so u are working on a complete release then? :D

comrade_general

bug reports
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 12:17:18 AM »
Quote from: "Rhonen"
oh okey, so u are working on a complete release then? :D
I am doing a few things, but without a modeler I can't get any of those unit cards made.

Rhonen

• View Profile
    • Awards
bug reports
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 01:16:46 AM »
ok cool, i hope u find a modeler m8 :)

Derental

• View Profile
    • Awards
bug reports
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2009, 03:40:34 PM »
Well im having a some problem. I just downloaded PI today and installed succesfuly. But when i run game and just want to play a campaing, always when its loading the game i got crash and it says : Error : filename doesn't exists : pi/data/models_unit/BI_unit_graal_knights_lod1.cas

It always shows up when i want to play greco-persian campaing. When i want to play the second campaing or battle it just crashes without any error message or something. Thx for any help.

Derental

• View Profile
    • Awards
bug reports
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 06:48:47 PM »
Quote from: "Derental"
Well im having a some problem. I just downloaded PI today and installed succesfuly. But when i run game and just want to play a campaing, always when its loading the game i got crash and it says : Error : filename doesn't exists : pi/data/models_unit/BI_unit_graal_knights_lod1.cas

It always shows up when i want to play greco-persian campaing. When i want to play the second campaing or battle it just crashes without any error message or something. Thx for any help.
Ok it was my faut i havent to overwrite the datas with normal rome total war so now its ok. Now im having norma problems like crashes etc. Anyway i always get crash now when i end turn in campaing for macedonia. I just played some like 20 turns and now i cant move forwards through this. I hope it will be fixed in next ver :) ...     Anyway man GREAT JOB . Its best mod on a game i saw. I just love it. Keep the good work   :flashy:

comrade_general

bug reports
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2009, 02:54:15 AM »
Quote from: "Derental"
Ok it was my faut i havent to overwrite the datas with normal rome total war so now its ok. Now im having norma problems like crashes etc. Anyway i always get crash now when i end turn in campaing for macedonia. I just played some like 20 turns and now i cant move forwards through this. I hope it will be fixed in next ver :) ...     Anyway man GREAT JOB . Its best mod on a game i saw. I just love it. Keep the good work   :flashy:
have you applied the small patch? you can find the instructions here

if this doesn't fix your problem then i am unsure what to do, sorry  :-/

csa_general101

• View Profile
    • Awards
bug reports
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2010, 10:29:56 PM »
umm hey great mod just one thing when i go to play as the greeks united city states i play a real time battle and itsays error PI/data/models_unit/textures/UNIT_GREEK_ATG_SPARTAN_VP.TGA.dds

plz help me i want to play this mod so bad  :flashy:

comrade_general

bug reports
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2010, 11:15:20 PM »
Quote from: "csa_general101"
umm hey great mod just one thing when i go to play as the greeks united city states i play a real time battle and itsays error PI/data/models_unit/textures/UNIT_GREEK_ATG_SPARTAN_VP.TGA.dds

plz help me i want to play this mod so bad  :flashy:
So sorry about that.

I've attached that file to this post. So download it, extract it, then open up .../Rome - Total War/PI/data/models_unit/textures and move the file there. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Welcome to Exilian!  :)

Attachments:

csa_general101

• View Profile
    • Awards
bug reports
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2010, 02:50:27 AM »
thank you so much and hey if you need someone to help you with anything with anyother mods you are going to make you can ask me and i will help you however i can  :)

and thank for the welcome  :knight:

comrade_general

bug reports
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2010, 02:33:52 AM »
Quote from: "csa_general101"
hey sorry to bother you agian but i played after i download that file i needed worked good till next day and then near everybattle it sayed problem with rome total war

plz help me agian
Hey csa_general don't use the report button if you need to ask a question, send me a pm or just reply here  ;)

That is strange though that it would work for a day and then not. What I would recommend is deleting the PI folder and reinstalling the mod, then add the file to it right away before playing it. You should also add the campaign fix which can be found here as well.