Author Topic: Scenes!  (Read 15094 times)

Millenium

• M&B Modders and Tutorialists
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Scenes!
« on: May 10, 2009, 06:56:58 AM »
http://s9.zetaboards.com/exilian?topic=467530/1/#new

I advise that everyone reads through this, and try it out. If you find that your computer manages to run afterwards, you're hired as our new scener!

dj_chisi10

• View Profile
    • Awards
Scenes!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 07:12:41 AM »
the edit mode works just fine on my pc.not a problem,but i dont have time to do that.
the others have some excelent comput, its almoust imposible not to work.
it works on my Mx with 128 vRam,how could not work on a 8800 or on a 9800 with some 4 gb ram? :blink:
 :rant:

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Scenes!
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 07:46:58 AM »
I'd volunteer for this if I didn't have well over 150 too few scenes for my mod already.  :P
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Millenium

Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Scenes!
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 08:25:37 AM »
That's interesting Chisi, as we have the same systems. I guess my comp is so overloaded already.

But that means you have experience in it Jubal! None in our team has ever scened, except for me (and I'm busy with quests), and we need someone experienced for Du Weldenvarden and Tronjheim.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Scenes!
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 02:59:13 PM »
Well if in a couple months or whatever you still need a scener, I might be more game for it. I'd certainly consider taking on a couple of the biggies like Tronjheim (probably the best single idea Paolini came up with IMO), but I have exams coming up and a lot of work until mid July really.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Millenium

Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Scenes!
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 06:27:35 PM »
We won't need the scenes until about then, so it'll be fine. I will, however, search for others as well.

Goromous

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Scenes!
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 07:11:56 PM »
I find it hilarious how you linked us to a thread Jubal made, then he talks about volunteering to make scenes for us. xD

Btw, scenes look pretty interesting, and I use to make maps for HL2, so I'll give it a go.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 08:36:58 PM by Goromous »

Darkstar707

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Scenes!
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009, 10:56:25 PM »
Funny story, I enabled edit mode on my mount and blade a long time ago and have been playing with it on..

(heh)

But I did pretty much build my computer (enthusiast)

EDIT: Hmmm I may have to check over that tutorial...
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 10:56:50 PM by Darkstar707 »

Goromous

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Scenes!
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 11:31:56 PM »
For some reason, all the grass decided to hover over the ground, and the people got stuck under it.. No clue how that happened. I was making a church, nice and simple, when I noticed that.. I was editing a village at the time..

Darkstar707

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Scenes!
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 11:58:52 PM »
Quote from: "Goromous"
For some reason, all the grass decided to hover over the ground, and the people got stuck under it.. No clue how that happened. I was making a church, nice and simple, when I noticed that.. I was editing a village at the time..
........at least there were no pink castles with queer men inside of them...

Goromous

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Scenes!
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2009, 05:31:37 AM »
Hmm... True...

Millenium

Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Scenes!
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2009, 06:02:38 AM »
We got us a scener! MISHO is now going to work on sceneing our elf and dwarf cities. Good luck!

MISHO

• View Profile
    • Awards
Scenes!
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2009, 11:13:22 AM »
Hey guys! You probably have seen me doing scenes for Jubal but lately... I am just playing :/ but now since i really want to help ill do it :D
for now the scenes i make were castles, but i learned to make good AI meshes so i can do that (of course takes more time) and i can model pretty nicely, so I'm not only the scener i am a modeler too and you didn't know that  :cyclops:  so just send me if you have specific scene props (already installed would be nice, actually i need it like that) and we are set to go, if you dont have any specific details 'bout it if not ill use my creative mind :D:D:D
Oh and I'm working on another mod by myself its in feudal japan so its taking some time to even prepare my castles and stuff (its going to have on scene for all castle, and on scene for all town and i just might add some houses to villages)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 11:15:34 AM by MISHO »

Goromous

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Scenes!
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2009, 03:17:09 PM »
Great, welcome to the team, misho!

dj_chisi10

• View Profile
    • Awards
Scenes!
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2009, 03:33:59 PM »
yey,2 new team members.
welcome Misho,great to have you on the team
and we have another new team member(modeller) ,its Sibylla,the lady of Jerusalem.