Poll

What should I work on? Think particularly about what from this list YOU might enjoy/engage with/use/recommend to others:

You may only select up to 3 options.

Author Topic: What to work on, Feb 2017  (Read 6596 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
What to work on, Feb 2017
« on: February 16, 2017, 12:27:58 AM »
For the next few months a few things are obvious or already committed to: some academic work (finishing thesis, learning Georgian), some actual paid work (tutoring mostly), and three other key things - seeing the political pressure group I work with through to actually existing and functioning, continuing to work with Exilian, and getting LIFE at least into beta as it's the closest of my projects to completion.

However, beyond that, not much is certain. As such, I hereby present Jubal's "what am do?" poll for Feb 2017, to survey some general thoughts from folk on what I should in fact work on in spare time, especially after the LIFE beta and my thesis are complete. There are many options - choose your favourites and I may take that as guidance to work more on those!

A list of the options is below, as well as on the poll, with links if you want to find out more about what I do/my style on any of these things:

Adventures of Soros (Fantasy PC text-adventure)
 Stories & music content for YouTube
 Political writings - blogposts etc about current affairs
 Do a vlog series (on random interesting factoids & info)
 Storytelling tales - work on writing more short stories for telling & turning them into books
 Boardgame design - more designs, pick up & play pieces, etc
 Boardgame publication - get Botolph Lane card-game to a publishable state
 Write more of ForgeFyre (Steampunk/Gothic online story)
 Go back to work on my Guns, Swords, and Steam RPG rulebook
 Other gaming content e.g. reviews, playing guides (mostly to old & indie games)
 History content - producing online archives, sources, etc under the Exilian banner (e.g. things like the Roman Law Project)
 Other writing, producing more short & long fiction and poems
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 12:41:42 AM by Jubal »
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Cuddly Khan

• Silhouette in Disguise
  • Patrikios
    Voting Member
  • PURGE THE BOTS!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: What to work on, Feb 2017
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 11:16:08 AM »
The obvious answer is to do whatever you have the most fun doing. :) Doing something you don't enjoy is always a drag.
Most effective elected official. Ever. (not counting Jubal)

He is Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And he has come to me now, at the turning of the tide.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 12:05:22 PM »
Aye, the trouble is I want to do all of these things :P
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Glaurung

• Sakellarios
    Financial Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 01:29:56 PM »
Personally, I'd quite like more of ForgeFyre - is there some announcement system to say when new bits have been published?

Generally, I would suggest picking things that you expect to able to publish/complete within the time available to you - possibly even in the order that you think you can most quickly complete them.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 11:15:28 PM »
No, beyond me posting on Exilian. I'd love to write more of ForgeFyre; my plan is at some point to plough a long way ahead with the text so I'm working with at least a chapter of backlog. I'd also need to see if I could get Hannah back involved too, and I don't know what she's up to now.

Agreed on completion goals - with areas like game publication and book creation I don't have much idea about those, though they are more concrete things to aim for I guess.