Author Topic: Welcome to the Philosopher's Plaza!  (Read 18222 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Welcome to the Philosopher's Plaza!
« on: October 30, 2009, 09:21:33 AM »
Welcome to the Philosopher's Plaza - Exilian's discussion and debate area.

Debates on any of the following subjects and more are welcomed:
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Philosophy
  • Ethics/Moral Values
  • Current Affairs
  • Social Issues

Moderation here will be relatively tight; please avoid flaming other users, it's not nice and you will recieve a ban from this area for doing so. The usual site rules apply here, and penalties may be given for spamming, flaming, hate speech, or illegal activities. Whilst we encourage free and open debate, views that cross over into extremist stances are not compatible with discussion in this forum. All of our moderation decisions are made on a case by case basis, taking into account the context in which things were posted, and most can be appealed via the site's tribunal. Staff can be identified by their coloured names, with a full list available here.

The full Terms of Service can be found here.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 11:51:28 AM by Jubal »
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Hadley 01

• View Profile
    • My Phenq Amazon listing
    • Awards
Re: Welcome to the Philosopher's Plaza!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2022, 09:52:01 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome, I am new here and may be em writing my words on a wrong thread. I am having a huge interest in aesthetical philosophy some one plz tell me a good introductory book related to aesthetics. Thanks!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Welcome to the Philosopher's Plaza!
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2022, 11:46:24 AM »
Hi there, and welcome! Don't worry too much about posting in wrong places, we can always sort that out out and you'll get the hang of it :)

Maybe try making a new thread about the aesthetics stuff? You can find the "new topic" button on the left hand side when you look at this part of the forum. Aesthetic philosophy isn't something I know a ton about but it sounds interesting!

Seeing this post also made me realise that the pinned post should have links to the Terms of Service etc - now fixed :)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 11:51:58 AM by Jubal »
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...