Author Topic: rtr - confusion - installation  (Read 5890 times)

mariok

• View Profile
    • Awards
rtr - confusion - installation
« on: September 09, 2017, 03:46:08 PM »
Hello everyone,

I recently got Rome Total War (incl. BI and Alexander) on Steam. I've read about your modification and thought it sounds very exciting. Unfortunately though I'm confused when it comes to installing it. RTR VI has been easy, I think, you only need the Platinum 2.0 file and RTR VIII hasn't had a stable release yet. RTR VII however is a little complicated for me. What file/s do I exactly need? There's also talk about a gold and platinum version - my confusion thus is perfect ;) Or is it really just three files and I then need to decide on which one I want to play as there's maybe three different versions out there?

Please send me a reply as soon as possible.

P.S.:
I'd also like to tell you that if you're interested I'd like to try and help you translate stuff from English to German as I know both languages and I thought some people may find it helpful if they can play it in their own language and maybe I can also dig up some information when it comes to research.

Keep up the good work everyone and have a nice day.

Sincerely yours

mariok

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: rtr - confusion - installation
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 04:26:42 PM »
RTR8 v3.1 is perfectly functional, and if I understand rightly has a closer feel to RTR 6.

My understanding is that the platinum beta is the most recent version and contains all the parts of RTR VII. :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Vrosivs Avgvstvs Rakvs

• A Bustle in Your Hedgerow
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 04:53:04 PM »
Howdy mariok, I've replied to your PM :)
Rome Total Realism Project Dev Team Member and  Head of Public Relations
RTR VII Beta Tester/Dev Team Member
-----------------------------------------
"Coasting through the intermission that separates day from day, I find myself feeling oddly at peace with reality. Despite everything, I think life will workout in the end. The world, as as I see it is a remarkable place." - DukeCanada, the interstellar wanderer.
-----------------------------------------
Proud patron of Aule_the_creator

mariok

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 07:02:53 PM »
Thank you, both of you ... and also thanks for not looking down on me for having asked such a question.

I will try installing it a little later if I've got the time : )

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 09:26:06 PM »
Don't worry, I've been doing RTW modding about a decade now, I'd have stopped LONG ago if install questions were any bother - a politely made question about any aspect of a mod project is pretty much always very welcome :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...