Author Topic: What is Master of Olympus?  (Read 13593 times)

rbuxton

• View Profile
    • Awards
What is Master of Olympus?
« on: September 24, 2017, 03:22:09 PM »
Master of Olympus is a board game which, if all goes well, I will self-publish in 2018. Players take on the role of Greek Gods and use heroes, armies and creatures to collect artefacts and conquer cities. The ancient world is represented by a hexagonal grid, and all players take their turns simultaneously as they fight to control strategic areas.

Master of Olympus was inspired by films about the Greek myths, which often include scenes where the Gods are sitting on Mount Olympus and watching the story unfold. The Gods see the story and its characters as a board game.

Find out more about how the game has evolved here: https://masterofolympus.wordpress.com/2017/05/02/first-blog-post/.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 10:00:47 PM by rbuxton »

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: What is Master of Olympus?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 10:27:27 PM »
You can say "me" rather than "its designer", you're not quite Caesar yet :P

Good to see this here. I'd recommend adding some pictures/more explanatory stuff - like anywhere, prettier items and previews on a forum make it more likely that people will click links! :)

(To everyone else - I can confirm this is a good game, having done a few playthroughs of it it's a fun middle-weight strategy game that I'd definitely recommend!)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

rbuxton

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: What is Master of Olympus?
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 10:01:56 PM »
Thanks for the tip Jubal - yes the page is a bit sparse at the moment but I'm gradually adding things when I get the time. I think the game needs a proper "overview" document.