Author Topic: Son of a Witch: Devlog and general discussion  (Read 42989 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Son of a Witch: Devlog and general discussion
« Reply #585 on: October 28, 2018, 09:29:41 PM »
One of the oddities of the new multiplier system is that in some cases you can get absurd scores even higher than you used to be able to - check the magic stat on this run out:

The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

bigosaur

• View Profile
    • Bigosaur
    • Awards
« Reply #586 on: October 28, 2018, 09:40:13 PM »
One of the oddities of the new multiplier system is that in some cases you can get absurd scores even higher than you used to be able to

At first I wasn't sure it was a consequence of the new system. But now that I look at it, the 850% bonus to 3000+ base skill...how on Earth did you get your base magic skill to 3160% ?!

Edit: Oh, looks like Bare Bones + Heavy Magic potions via retort? ... and +17% magic when you use mana... ridiculous combination.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #587 on: October 28, 2018, 09:46:00 PM »
Yes, exactly. With that combination of potions plus bare bones amulet everything gets easy - the difficult bit is surviving a while after you use the BB amulet until you can boost your minimum health again, though if you have rabbit amulet + iron flesh potions (which I did here) that actually becomes quite easy as well.

I mean, I don't think it's actually necessarily a problem - the new system is more balanced on average, it just gets very, very broken if you can get the sort of really good combos I was working with there :) But I don't think it's much more broken to have 30,000 than 3,000 in a skill - once you're working with being at several thousand percent on something, you can just one-hit nearly everything anyway.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

bigosaur

• View Profile
    • Bigosaur
    • Awards
« Reply #588 on: October 28, 2018, 09:47:31 PM »
Yes, exactly. With that combination of potions plus bare bones amulet everything gets easy - the difficult bit is surviving a while after you use the BB amulet until you can boost your minimum health again, though if you have rabbit amulet + iron flesh potions (which I did here) that actually becomes quite easy as well.

I mean, I don't think it's actually necessarily a problem - the new system is more balanced on average, it just gets very, very broken if you can get the sort of really good combos I was working with there :) But I don't think it's much more broken to have 30,000 than 3,000 in a skill - once you're working with being at several thousand percent on something, you can just one-hit nearly everything anyway.

And I still see new players on Steam complaining the game is too hard.  >:(

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #589 on: October 28, 2018, 09:51:20 PM »
They clearly haven't been using my game guides :P