Author Topic: Epicinium - strategy wargame with environmental mechanics - Now on Kickstarter!  (Read 3797 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Epicinium - strategy wargame with environmental mechanics
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2018, 11:04:14 PM »
Yeah. It's the sort of thing that needs much better links between academics and the bigger game dev industry players sadly - MMOs would be more the sort of arena where you could really rely on a usefully sized test sample.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

SLiV

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Epicinium - strategy wargame with environmental mechanics
« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2018, 04:05:10 PM »
Good news everyone! Epicinium is now live on Kickstarter! ;D

Things we have discovered so far:
  • WYSIWYG editors are awful.
  • Gifs getting reencoded is awful.
  • Stressing because the page won't launch because you still have changes open in a different tab is awful.
  • People are really great!

So now it's sit back and relax, right?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Got my pledge in already :)

And an Exilian frontpage for that lovely illustration too: https://exilian.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5795

I've got a FB post out about it too, and I'll get some Twitter stuff scheduled.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

SLiV

• View Profile
    • Awards
Thank you so much Jubal! Also for featuring us in the newsletter on Thursday. I saw them come by earlier just didn't have the time then to thank you. The first 48 hours have been really hectic.

The illustration was a bit of a last minute commission, but we're really happy with it. Really captures the spirit of Epicinium, I think. Also makes me even more determined to do a water-based expansion after, if we ever get there.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
No problem, I know these sorts of campaigns are a huge stretch on people (having been helping run Exilian for as long as I have, I've seen a fair few of them pass through at this point!). Very best of luck with it :)

Tusky

• Spatharios
    Senior Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
backed!

Best of luck
Select AppleDanish From Pantry Where Count(MyDeliciousThings) < 1

SLiV

• View Profile
    • Awards