Author Topic: Supergirl Season 3  (Read 2173 times)

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Supergirl Season 3
« on: October 26, 2017, 01:08:56 PM »
Eff it, I'm going to actually create a topic this time!

Supergirl season 3 has started fantastically well compared with previous seasons and I really am actually interested to see where it goes.

My idea for replacement scene:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Supergirl Season 3
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 10:27:23 PM »
I only know Supergirl from your chats & having just read the wiki article... is there a specific comic series they base the show on, or is it thrown together from lots of different comic elements/plotlines?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Clockwork

• Charming Prince of Darkness
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Bitter? Me? portugal no, I think it's hilarious.
  • Awards Came first in the Summer 2020 Exilian forum pub quiz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Supergirl Season 3
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 10:17:46 AM »
They are thrown together from different DC comics, not even necessarily Supergirl/Superman ones :)

They tend to do this with the TV shows, Deathstroke for instance is a main player in the Arrow TV show but is primarily in Batman comics and Roulette from Season 2 of SG fought all the Justice Society of America. To make the continuity better for TV (I assume) plotlines in the comics are rarely wholesale implemented and more often there's a villain taken and then a separate story created around them.

Also the shows various characters have been modernised to include more POC and LGBTQ characters.
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.