Author Topic: Exilian on Mastodon?  (Read 2283 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Exilian on Mastodon?
« on: October 26, 2017, 08:54:30 PM »
So, I just got myself an account on Mastodon, an open-source, distributed microblogging system (basically "Twitter, if twitter wasn't controlled by one giant faceless corporation"). I'm thinking I might set up an account for Exilian. Mastodon is a bit slow-moving right now, but being an early-ish adopter might have some advantages, and Twitter/Facebook are getting increasingly impossible for us to make headway on. I'm basically thinking we should pull out of doing any Facebook advertising at all, and I'm half-thinking of eventually mothballing our Facebook page given the amount we actually get back from use or it - over the time I've done it I think it's actually got noticeably less effective, and we only get the kind of hit-rate we do because we're predominantly targeting E Europe & other "emerging market" areas, paying for any hits in UK/US/Anglosphere areas is prohibitively expensive. Using smaller social media sites might actually work better for us in some ways, especially if (as I suspect) those tend to have stronger communities of the sorts of people disgruntled with traditional social media and have a higher rate of creatively and technically minded people being involved.

Thoughts, anyone?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Glaurung

• Sakellarios
    Financial Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Exilian on Mastodon?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 12:14:41 PM »
Sounds good to me - go for it!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Exilian on Mastodon?
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 10:58:25 PM »
We're now at ExilianOfficial@mastodon.at :) (Password etc are in the usual place, for staff who want to check it out)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...