Author Topic: Neofeud - A Dystopic Cyberpunk Adventure / Visual Novel  (Read 66598 times)

Silverspook

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Neofeud - A Dystopic Cyberpunk Adventure / Visual Novel
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2018, 10:40:24 PM »
If you haven't picked up Neofeud yet or known anyone who might be interested in it or you want to gift it to someone, Neofeud is on sale now till February 20!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/673850/Neofeud/

Also you can now vote for Neofeud for game of the year and several other categories in both the Adventure Game Studio Awards and the Adventure Gamers Awards!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2018, 11:23:07 PM »
Nicely done! :) And good luck with the awards!
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Silverspook

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2018, 11:24:52 PM »
Thanks Jubal! I am not sure about the Adventure Gamers awards, there's some tough competition there (Observer is voiced by Rutgeter Hauer himself, and there's Life is Strange to contend with!) but I'm crossing my fingers, or robotic digits, anyway!

Silverspook

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2018, 09:45:38 PM »
Greenscraper autonomous aircar system test! :D (From the sequel to Neofeud)

Silverspook

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2018, 03:24:02 AM »

Neofeud 2: Novus Ordo Seclorum city in progress! I spent about 16 hours straight painting this and not quite done! DX But I am at least not beating myself up over having writer/painters block with this scene for about a week. Which sucks when you're the only person on the dev team, as you can't blame the slow progress on anyone else!

If you'd like to support this one-dev cyberpunk adventure game being completed, Neofeud 1 is on sale on http://Itch.io  :) https://silverspook.itch.io/neofeud  There is also Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/neofeud

Caradìlis

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2018, 07:24:24 AM »
Wow, this looks absolutely fantastic... What do yo mean it's not quite done, it looks amazing!!!
"Those who don't beieve in magic will never find it." - Roald Dahl

Silverspook

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2018, 09:20:30 AM »
Well hey, thanks a lot Caradilis! I'm glad you like it. I just always see what needs to be done, but yeah I am at least happy with the overall look. :)

Caradìlis

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2018, 09:47:59 AM »
I guess one is always the harshest critic of one's own work... :)

Silverspook

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2018, 06:58:37 PM »
I think there's truth to that. :)

Here is the stream where I work on this a bit during a live devstream with some fellow indie gamedevs and creators :) Also you can see how the follow-up game is coming together, as well as some cozy industry gossip.

Silverspook

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2018, 03:55:23 AM »

Work-in-progress on a Neofeud 2 character design, "Egalite Enforcer". (She's not a giant robot, just trying to see how she blends color/value wise into the scene :) )

Silverspook

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2018, 10:42:34 AM »

In this video I focus in on specifically showing you the step-by-step process of adding "holographic" characters, flashing neon signs with lighting effects, and a thrumming city of flying cars in the Adventure Game Studio game engine, for Neofeud 2!

Caradìlis

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2018, 12:12:16 PM »
Wow, that is looking really good!!! :)

Silverspook

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2018, 09:33:15 PM »
Thanks! :)

In other news, I will be livestreaming from the AGS Awards this Saturday!

Neofeud has been nominated for seven awards including Game of The Year, Best Writing, Best Art, Best Characters in the Adventure Game Studio Awards. As such, I will be livestreaming the AGS awards this Saturday March 24th at 20:00 CET from my Youtube channel with live commentary. The ceremony itself, if I understand correctly, will have characters from Neofeud present in the virtual "audience" and will also feature music from the Neofeud soundtrack. I hear the voting was extremely close, so it's anybody's competition! :)

I am also going to be devstreaming some work on Neofeud 2 tonight around 10 PM Pacific Time, focusing more on the actual dev process like last week. Stop in if you have a moment! I like to chat with and promote indie creators of all sorts that drop in. ;)  https://www.youtube.com/user/twiliteminotaur/videos

Silverspook

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2018, 10:13:13 AM »

This is the best Let's Play of Neofeud yet. Really fascinating commentary on the fusion of dystopian cyberpunk future with traditional feudalism in Neofeud, as well as how it relates to our present and future.

In addition to the analysis regarding feudalism, cyberpunk noir, the greater satire and socio-political commentary of references regarding Terminator, Adam Jensen, Brazil, etc. is also spot-on. I haven't seen anyone understand what I was trying to do with Neofeud to the degree that  (at least those I've heard from). Which makes sense as Dr. Brian Ballsun-Stanton has a Ph. D in philosophy and as well as being an information technologist. All around, fantastic work! This kind of thing makes the 2 1/2 years grinding away on Neofeud worth it. :)

Also, I believe someone from the Exilian community recommended Neofeud to Dr. Ballsun-Stanton. If so, thanks a ton!

Silverspook

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2018, 07:05:58 AM »
Neofeud takes home best music and sound award from the AGS Awards 2017! :D

If you wanted to have a look, here is my livestream of the Adventure Game Studio Awards ceremony 2017, featuring live commentary from myself, several other AGSers and the Neofeud team, as well as the Six Billion Dollar Baller character from Neofeud (as voiced by myself :) ) and my impression of the best Alan Rickman impression performed by the customs officer in Captain Disaster.