Author Topic: Kavis: Development Log  (Read 4736 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Kavis: Development Log
« on: October 07, 2023, 03:49:52 PM »
I appear to not have a dev log here, so here is a dev log to record where I'm at with Kavis and what I might release for it and suchlike.

The current plan is that eventually there will be at least a couple of short books or supplements of Kavis material. I'm currently collecting things in pseudo-book chunks, as follows:
  • The Heart of the World, covering the Heirophancy, Starshore, Palictara, Tullactara, Dulshan, Camahay, and the Dragonfly Sea
  • Starlit Realms, covering the more pseudo-European continent Chardil and the lands around the Starlit Sea.
  • Land Under Sky, covering the Wendings, Mav, Corravan, the Burninghome, the Shaigel
  • The Mists of Serraty, a much more in-depth campaign supplement just for the mist-wreathed fenlands of northwestern Chardil.
  • Tavern Tales from Kavis, a short fiction book.

Of these, Starlit Realms and Heart of the World probably both have half or so of their text done. Mists of Serraty has a lot of its core foundations done and the advantage that I've actually played through it. Land Under Sky is mostly just loose ideas, and I don't want to focus on it until I've got How and Starlit Realms done. Tavern Tales is kind of a separate project which I'm a few stories into but far from done with.

Today's work has been focused upon the Heart of the World bestiary, which I've started filling out with actual rules not just notes, and also on the HoW character creation section which I'm starting to flesh out with some setting-specific edges and a more crystallised picture of the magic system.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...