Author Topic: [Kickstarter]Unicorn Dungeon: An Absurdist Comedy Fantasy Adventure Game  (Read 3751 times)

StandOff

• View Profile
    • Awards
Hello all.

After quite a long time of hard work, Unicorn Dungeon is in it’s final stages before release, and I have put up a Kickstarter here to help get it to the finish line:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/standoffsoftware/unicorn-dungeon

Unicorn Dungeon is the first in a series of six adventure games inspired by “absurdist comedy” such as Monty Python and Firesign Theatre. The series chronicles the adventures the brave knight Sir Typhil on a quest to find a unicorn in order to be crowned king.

I have been living and breathing this project for quite a while now, and I’m excited to see it completed soon.

Check out the Kickstarter page link above for a trailer video and link to a playable demo

Thanks!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Welcome to Exilian! This looks very good fun - I've chipped in a bit :) We'll get some social media messages out plugging the KS in the next few days as well for you.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

StandOff

• View Profile
    • Awards
Thank you very much! :)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
No problem! What sort of games influenced this one/what particularly got you towards the adventure game genre? I love silly adventure games :) There seem to be good ones coming out at the moment too, I've got several on my "want to play" list (last one I got through was Yorkshire Gubbins, which was *excellent*).

Have you been in touch with Troels Pleimert (the Space Quest Historian guy) about the game? He does quite a lot of streaming and reviews of adventure game stuff and I've generally found him pretty friendly. Silverspook on this forum also does point and click making (cyberpunk political drama stuff). I'm making a light hearted dw adventure game on text parser style, too, though that's just a rather bodged together hobby project :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

StandOff

• View Profile
    • Awards
In general I have been playing adventure games for as along as I could remember. Text adventures at first before I eventually discovered graphical adventures. And almost from the time I started playing them, I started making them. So I have been playing and making adventure games since I was a child. I play and enjoy other genres of games from time to time, but adventure games are firmly my genre of game. This one in particular, well no specific games influenced it really, just the entire collected whole of adventure games plus my weird, esoteric, absurd sensibilities.

Yes, I was in the Adventure Jam last year in which Charlotte made Holy Mulluscamony which was the precursor to Yorkshire Gubbins. Quite an entertaining game, looking forward to the next episode.

I have talked to Troels, yes. He came on my podcast a couple months back. He knows about the game, and I expect he will stream it when it comes out. I just chatted with Silverspook yesterday on his youtube livestream. Both are certainly good folks.

Let me know when you have something playable of your game. I do so love playing adventure games.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I duly got a release out :)
https://exilian.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5595

And yeah, I feel like I should do more jams and things and try and meet more of the adventure gaming crowd. There just never seems to be the time :/

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
Noticed that this was available on steam.
Congrats on the release!

Have you got anything else in the pipeline?
<< Signature redacted >>

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Ooh, yes, congrats! :) I should get a copy...