Author Topic: Terrible robot creator is ill  (Read 2070 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Terrible robot creator is ill
« on: May 01, 2018, 01:07:50 PM »
Some rather sad/worrying news, as Simone Giertz, a YouTuber best known for creating amusingly terrible robots of various sorts, has been diagnosed with a brain tumour :(

If you haven't seen her YouTube channel, I think there's some pretty fun stuff on it that's worth a look:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3KEoMzNz8eYnwBC34RaKCQ
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
Re: Terrible robot creator is ill
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 02:55:30 PM »
Oh no - sorry to hear that. I am subscribed to her channel because I do find the videos she makes entertaining. I think my favourite was the robot arm that was meant to feed her cereal and inevitably kept missing the mouth

Good to hear that it's not cancerous and will be treated, though. Hope it goes alright...
<< Signature redacted >>

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Terrible robot creator is ill
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 01:48:13 PM »
Recent twitter update sounds positive:
Simone is out of surgery and her doctors are very pleased with how everything went. She woke up long enough to make an inappropriate joke... so things are looking good.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...