Author Topic: Aviarium: fantasy art of dragons, time-travellers and winged people  (Read 591 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Aviarium: fantasy art of dragons, time-travellers and winged people
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2019, 05:06:45 PM »
I'm now thinking of the complexities of dress design for people with wings sprouting out their back. It must actually present quite a bit of a faff and some additional challenges...

(Also, I sent you a message so check your inbox :) )
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Ierne

• View Profile
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2019, 06:39:27 PM »
I actually really enjoy doing costume design for people with wings :) It is another thing to think about, but it's a fun concept to work with/around

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2019, 08:04:17 PM »
At what point do you have the wing connection on your characters? It looks from the art like it's lower than the shoulder-blade which is where it's often put.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Ierne

• View Profile
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2019, 12:33:57 AM »
So. The wings are made of the mage's magical energy, rather than bone and feathers. They can appear and disappear, and an accomplished mage can generate them at will.
The wings are pretty solid, hence the need for altered clothing still stands, but they connect to the magical energy within the body, rather than to the body itself.
I positioned the wings between the shoulder blades and just below them because I felt it looked balanced (from a flight perspective) and aethetically pleasing.