Author Topic: ahowl11’s Vanilla Enhancement Mod  (Read 7713 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: ahowl11’s Vanilla Enhancement Mod
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2019, 11:53:46 PM »
Any news on this?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

ahowl11

• RTW Modders and Tutorialists
    Voting Member
  • RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2019, 07:03:54 AM »
ahowl11's VE Mod v9 - Rebels & Mercenaries

It has been awhile  since I released Nomads on the Horizon. Life endeavors and  responsibilities definitely take priority sometimes. In this release, I  mainly focused on the Rebels and Mercenaries. However I also gave a lot  of attention to the AI and it's expansion patterns. There are many path  finding issues in vanilla that have been fixed thanks to a very thorough  research thread on totalwar.org also some bugs with the Nomads have  been fixed and a few scripts were fixed and added.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here is a full list of map edits and other features:
 * - Fixed all Clipping/Distance issues on map from this thread:
 Forums.totalwar.org(1-5)/page3
 - Sardis to Ancyra
 - Ancyra to Mazaka
 - Patavium to Salona
 - Apollonia to Segestica
 - Cirta to Tingi
 - Armavir to Mazaka
 - Armavir to Sinope
 - Phraaspa to Hatra
 - Phraaspa to Seleucia
 - Larissa to Athens
 - Narbo Martius to Lugdunum
 -Sautes of Thrace now is unstuck and goes for Byzantium
 -Vindex of Gauls now is unstuck and goes for Massilia
 -Officers, Musicians and Standard Bearers added to Mercenary units
 -Fixed Nomad Routing Banner Glitch
 -Fixed Nomad Settlement UI Glitch
 -Fixed Perfect Spy Script
 -Added Control Faction Script

Units:
 I have added 19 mercenary units and 17 Rebel units to the map. This adds the same amount of diversity to the game as in v8 when I added specific units to each faction. This should conclude the reskins that seem reasonable to include in the game. However I might still have a few in the future.

The New Mercenaries:
 Eastern Heavy Cavalry
 Eastern Light Cavalry
 Eastern Slingers
 Mercenary Phalangites
 Eastern Skirmishers
 Hillmen
 Illyrian Cavalry
 Numidian Javelinmen
 Mercenary Peltasts
 Germanic Axemen
 Scythian Axemen
 Gallic Swordsmen
 Woad Warriors
 Numidian Archers
 Iberian Light Cavalry
 Iberian Infantry
 Iberian Cavalry
 Eastern Archers
 Cappadocian Cavalry

The New Rebels:
 Libyan Spearmen
 Eastern Light Cavalry
 Slingers (Carthaginian)
 Hillmen
 Skirmishers (Eastern)
 Slingers (Eastern)
 Archers (Greek)
 Light Lancers
 Desert Infantry (only will appear in Arab lands)
 Samnite Spearmen
 Scutarii
 Axemen
 Swordsmen
 Warband (Replacing the round shield warband)
 Skirmisher Warband
 Slingers (Barbarian)
 Archers (Carthaginian)

Sprites are included with all units!

DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION:

DOWNLOAD HERE

-If you have an old HRTW version, you can try overwriting, but to be safe, delete it as this will not work with it. This version isn't save compatible.

-One thing that I need to be clear on, is this mod runs on the Alexander.exe not the regular Rome Total War exe. Please make sure you use an Alexander Install.

-To Install, simply extract HRTW into your Rome Total War Directory,  or if you use steam, your Rome Total War Alexander Directory. when  making a shortcut, use the Alexander.exe or in steam go to Launch  options and include this: -show_err -mod:HRTW -noalexander

IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THE ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS, NOTHING WILL WORK!

CREDITS:

crazyroman - Support, testing and fixes
 bhl_20 - Fixing Perfect Spy Script and Adding Change Faction Script
 comrade_general - Textures and unit cards
 xcmhx - Textures, models and unit cards from Rome: Total War Enhanced
 Barbarians Revenge Mod - Textures and unit cards
 Macedon Expansion - Textures and unit cards
 Guerro Sabino - Textures and unit cards
 Lanjane - Textures and unit cards, new mercenary officers
 Extended Greek Mod - Textures and unit cards
 Michael333 - Some Unit Cards
 Gigantus - Helping me with some mapping tricks
 PJW6 - Testing
 Foxcon - Testing

All of you - For Helping, testing and playing this mod, thank you!

~ahowl11
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2019, 01:12:27 PM »
Nicely done! Good range of additional mercs as well :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

ahowl11

Voting Member
  • RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2019, 09:50:21 PM »
ahowl11's VE Mod v10 - Colonies, Temples & Recruitment

It has been about 3  months since I released v9. I hope you all have enjoyed it because a new  version is now here to take up your time! Being busy with a career and  social life is the main reason why it's taken awhile to get this release  out, but also partly because as this mod gets more polished and  detailed it requires more attentive care and time. I like to make sure  that what I am putting it works properly. I hope you all can understand,  and can appreciate the versions I release, whenever I find time to do  so.
So what's new in v10? Well, a lot to be honest. First and foremost I  have made the culture mechanic more immersive by adding a Native Culture  building and Colony building. Those who have played Extended Greek Mod  (XGM) and it's spin offs know what I am talking about.

For those who have not, basically in the Ancient world there were  many cultures. These have been condensed into 3 main cultures based off  the BI religion feature. There's Tribal, Greco-Roman and Eastern. Each  settlement has a native culture attached to it via an indestructible  building. Native culture is not changeable and remains a constant  throughout the game. The second building is a colony system that has 4  levels and also represents each culture. By building a colony that  differentiates from the native culture it will bring unrest, however it  is needed if you want to recruit. A new wrinkle to this system is the  third new building, which is the Recruitment Center. This building  requires the colony to be built before it can be built, and requires an  upgrade in the colony before it can be upgraded. The recruitment center  is the building in which you can recruit units based on what military  buildings are present. If no military building is present (barracks,  range, stable) then no units can be trained. Basically it's vanilla  recruitment with two added steps. The reason for all of this is to slow  the game down and make it more strategic. Historically factions were not  able to pump out their homeland troops in foreign territory right after  conquering it. It took some assimilation before anything could be done.  The assimilation process in the VE mod is by building a colony,  withstanding the unrest, and then building a recruitment center along  with the 3 military buildings.

Here is an example. If you are playing as the Julii and you conquer  Segesta you'll be dealing with a Tribal culture. If you don't build a  colony, the populace will be happy, but you will not be able to recruit  any units, so you can let it be an economic hub that has it's population  grow quickly. Your other option is to build a colony, and a recruitment  center. This will convert your populace but they won't be as happy.  Segesta is small enough to manage without issue. However, other cities  later in the game might be a lot more unhappy and possibly revolt  against you, so be wise as the game goes on.

Okay, so obviously we don't want this to ruin the game right? Having revolts left and right just because you want to build an army isn't fun. So, a major change has been made in addition to these new buildings. It  is now possible to build multiple temples in a settlement once the settlement reaches the city size. The way is works is if you have Arretium, you have your choice of 3 temples. Choose one to be your main deity in the city. Once you upgrade it to a city, you can then build the  shrines of the other temples. Not only will these give the small happiness bonuses but they will also give off their original bonuses as well (pop growth, trade increase etc depending on the temple). These shrines will not be able to be upgraded as you will have one main temple to upgrade. The reasoning behind this is populaces worshipped multiple deities, so it's a way to simulate that, and also, the happiness bonuses  will offset the unrest as your city continues to grow. Normal overpopulation unrest applies as well, so managing cities isn't going to be as easy as in vanilla. To balance further, I have removed the law bonuses from the Governors palace. I don't want this to be too easy!

A few smaller but still significant changes in the campaign are new  ai personalities, that should serve the purpose of each faction better  and gladiators are no longer recruitable but they'll still pop up in the  Gladiator revolt. Also, temples are no longer required to train units.  This should help the barbarian factions have some more diversity in  their recruitment. Finally, the Britons have had their starting generals  adjusted to different locations so they can actually expand and not get  stuck all game.
 Next, some changes to battles. The main thing I worked on was Hoplite warfare. It was a bit annoying and buggy with the old formations (short_pike) but after testing the Diadochi TW mod I think I have found the solution without having to do anything drastic. Hoplites now have a normal fighting animation and no longer have the bugged short_pike phalanx. Instead they are very compact in formation, and stay together in a fight instead of moving around independently. The battle results are better and it looks accurate.

Along with hoplites fighting better, are more accurate formations.  These are still works of darth, but they were specifically made for XGM  and they seem to work very well!

Finally, there wouldn't be a release without some new units right? I have added 13 new units, changed models of a few more and adjusted stats to fit in with the original unit roster. All of these units were either  unused or I simply mounted or dismounted current units to make new  ones. Spear Warband and Pikemen will fight uniquely, adding some flavor  to the barbarian armies.

The list of new or edited units:

Here is the full list of features:

CREDITS:

God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2019, 11:38:45 PM »
Agh, I never replied to this!

I really like the look of this - the colony system is a fun way to do things. Though part of me always wants to just accept all the other peoples I conquer as equal citizens and keep training all their local units, though I guess that's not so much in the spirit of a Total War game :P

New units look nice too! Hope you're doing well gnerally.

ahowl11

Voting Member
  • RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2019, 04:32:14 PM »
Haven’t checked back here in awhile, my apologies! Yeah the colony system is used to slow down expansion a bit. Also, another release is right around the corner!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2019, 05:37:45 PM »
No probs, nice to see you when you get here :) Look forward to seeing what's next!

ahowl11

Voting Member
  • RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2019, 09:57:44 AM »
ahowl11's VE Mod v11 - Map Overhaul, BI/ALX Units, Formations

Well, looks like I am  following a three month trend when it comes to releases! In May I  focused on some inner mechanics to the game that would make the campaign  a bit more complex and harder. This time around my focus has been on  two things: Adding regions to the map to make it more historically  accurate and fun, as well as getting all BI and ALX units in that fit  the time frame. The map is largely untested, and you will notice some  cookie-cutter garrisons and settlements. This will all be updated to be  more unique in time, but I really need to have testing done to see what  is working well, and what isn't. The economy has not been touched, and  neither has population growth, so I expect some wacky test results  coming up! The good news is the campaign should not CTD hardly at all.  Multiple tests have gone deep into the game without issue. Also, battle  CTD's should be taken care of since I have fixed the few sprite and DMB  issues that were occurring from the last version. Finally, a few small  but quite significant changes have been added. First is a revolutionary  formations system, crafted by Suppanut. Him and I went through every mod  and combined all unique formations that were applicable to this mod. So  now players will be able to play with unique formations from Darth  Vader, Sinhuet, Marcus Camillus, RedFox and more! Second is Robbe's  continued work on the environments and map. In this mod you will find  better looking farmland on the battlefield, new noises in the battle  map, as well as better coastlines and features on the campaign map.

The first order of business in this mod was the map, and it took  about two months to finish as I went area by area, carefully adding in regions and garrisons. Over the 8 years of modding and reading books as well as having conversations online I have a pretty good grasp of what cities were prevalent at the time of Rome Total War. So I whipped up a list, and went from there. Mapping actually is something I have learned recently, at least the basics. It is quite fun if you know your way around the files. Anyways, the map is pretty evened out at first glance, but as I said, I really need a lot of testing and feedback to see how it really works and what adjustments need to be made.

A few things you will notice in the mini-map above are the fact that the Gauls and Greeks have been altered the most. Both of these factions were 'super-factions' in RTW and my intent here was to stay with that theme. The Greeks portray the Chremonidean League as well as Syracuse and Massilia in the west. The Gauls now are severely split to prevent a Gallic Kingdom from forming. They represent the Arverni, Insubres, Boii,  Tylis and Galatians now. I also moved the Germans a bit east to Maetonium to represent the Bastarnae. The reasoning for some of these moves were to keep Dacia in check, which seems overpowered in early testing. The Romans still expand, but they aren't the unstoppable force we are used to seeing in vanilla. I will continue to work on balance in the next release. For now, please give me as much detailed feedback on the map as possible!

The second part of this release is all focusing on units. This took  me about a month, and a lot of work was put in to get to the point of  release today. Basically, I wanted to include every single unit from  Barbarian Invasion and Alexander that made sense for the RTW timeframe.  Most units were added with appropriate reskins, but a lot of the  'Steppe' units in BI I had to look elsewhere, or make to have them fit  in with the other units. Many thanks goes to the Barbarians Revenge Mod,  that was made by Dick and Alexander. It's a Russian mod, but it has  many good looking units. Also, as you'll see, a few units from previous  versions when Lanjane was helping have made it back in!

From Top Left to Bottom Right:
 Hounds of Culann, Kardakes (Pontus), Britannic Light Chariots (stats based off Scotti Chariots), Hypaspists, Kardakes (Armenia)
 Parthian Cataphracts, Thracian Cavalry, Scythian Mounted Archers, Steppe Warriors, Steppe Horse Archers
 Herdsmen, Steppe Lancers, Steppe Nobles, Steppe Raiders, Steppe Spearmen

Arab Raiders, Arab Axemen, Desert Archers, Arab Hillmen, Arab Lancers/Desert Chieftain
 Desert Cavalry, Peasants, Tribal Slingers, Barbarian Spearmen, Javelin Skirmishers
 Thracian Cavalry, Barbarian Archers, Barbarian Cavalry, Barbarian Horse Archers, Barbarian Sicklemen
 Barbarian Swordsmen, Steppe Horse Archers, Steppe Lancers, Runaway Slave Spearmen, Steppe Raiders
 Steppe Spearmen, Steppe Warlord, Herdsmen

Cretan Archers, Greek Cavalry, Agrianian Javelinmen, Paeonian Cavalry, Phrygian Infantry
 Bosporan Infantry, Thessalian Cavalry, Thracian Cavalry, Illyrian Skirmishers, Thracian Infantry
 Sarmatian Noble Cavalry, Dahae Mounted Archers, Barcanian Cavalry, Scythian Mounted Archers, Mardian Archers
 Cyrtian Javelinmen, Hyrcanian Cavalry, Median Cavalry, Median Infantry, Median Skirmishers,
 Mountain Men, Mountain Slingers, Persian Archer Spearmen, Persian Cavalry, Sarmatian Armoured Archers

As the map and units were being worked on a few miscellaneous changes  were also made. Some by me, and some from the help of the community.
 - Since many units were added to Scythia, they have an almost completely different roster. Most of the old units have been removed
 - Robbe made a better farm look on the battlefield
 - Robbe updated his veggie mod to include sounds from M2TW
 - Robbe made parts of the map more geographically accurate
 - crazyroman added in an Eastern Officer from Barbarian Invasion
 - suppanut added in his brand new formations system which combines every formation system in existence into one large immersive one
 - After reading a small article from a blogger, I increased the amount of Senate Offices to best reflect the amount of Senators.
 - I also gave been toying around with the Senate as a whole, there is not much to change.
 - All BI/ALX units have their stats taken from Darth's BI and ALX mods, to go in line with the Darth Stats of Vanilla
 - All Roman units have more secondary HP's than other factions as it makes them more powerful on auto-resolve. The goal is to make the Romans that terrifying force that you will inevitably fight, just like in vanilla.
 - Made Pirate Ships very weak
 - Gave Officers to All Roman units and made them all very_hardy
 What I'd like from anyone downloading this and playing is to give me as detailed as reviews as possible when it comes to the AI on the campaign map and battle map.
 I need to know about how the formations are working, how much population growth is, how easy is it to make money, and how quickly does the AI expand, particularly the Romans.
 DOWNLOAD HERE
 - If you have an old HRTW version, you can try overwriting, but to be safe, delete it as this will not work with it. This version isn't save compatible.
 - One thing that I need to be clear on, is this mod runs on the Alexander.exe not the regular Rome Total War exe. Please make sure you use an Alexander Install.

- To Install, simply extract HRTW into your Rome Total War  Directory, or if you use steam, your Rome Total War Alexander Directory.  when making a shortcut, use the Alexander.exe or in steam go to Launch options and include this: -show_err -mod:HRTW -noalexander

IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THE ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS, NOTHING WILL WORK!
 Want to follow this mod more closely and be more involved? Then join the Rome Total War Community server on discord here! Discord.gg
 CREDITS:
 - Suppanut for his formations
 - AqD for Bosporan Infantry model
 - Barbarians Revenge for Scythian/Steppe models and textures
 - Lanjane for Hounds of Culann, Britannic Light Chariots and Barbarian Sicklmen Sica fix
 - Michael333 for some recolored unit cards
 - comrade_general for some reskins and recolored unit cards
 - Robbe for the farms, M2TW sounds and map changes
 - crazyroman for his BI officers
 - The New Discord community for testing and giving feedback (crazyroman, BHL_20, foxcon, PJW6, Crysix, Lanjane, Suppanut, Robbe, Saul_Tyre, Mausolos, Kazan)
 All of you - For Helping, testing and playing this mod, thank you!