Author Topic: ahowl11’s Vanilla Enhancement Mod  (Read 42724 times)

ahowl11

• RTW Modders and Tutorialists
    Voting Member
  • RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
ahowl11’s Vanilla Enhancement Mod
« on: August 15, 2018, 03:45:28 AM »
Hello! I bring to you the first version of my mod that will enhance the vanilla experience!
 My goals for this mod are:
 1) Keep vanilla look and feel intact
 2) Keep Vanilla factions, but enhance them and fix historical inaccuracies
 3) Make a better, well rounded game
 4) Add immersion without killing original feel.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

To Install:
 One thing that I need to be clear on, is this mod runs on the Alexander.exe not the regular Rome Total War exe. Please make sure you use an Alexander Install.
 If you have the last version of the mod, simply extract into the same location and overwrite your files. Make sure to delete the map.rwm file in HRTW/data/world/maps/base folder.
 If this is your first crack at my mod then follow these instructions:
 To Install, simply extract HRTW into your Rome Total War Directory,  or if you use steam, your Rome Total War Alexander Directory. when making  a shortcut, use the Alexander.exe or in steam go to Launch options and  include this: -show_err -mod:HRTW

Features listed in the forum or the latest article, once approved!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 10:43:38 PM by ahowl11 »
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

comrade_general

Re: ahowl11’s Vanilla Enhancement Mod
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 02:37:44 PM »
Looks great man, nice work!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 05:26:47 PM »
Neat :) Are you keeping the vanilla three-family system for the Romans intact on this one?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

korsakoff

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 07:15:24 PM »
Good stuff on a first release. HRTW still lives!!  ;D

ahowl11

Voting Member
  • RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 06:04:32 PM »
@jubal I initially wanted to yes.. but my original plan back in 2011 was to have one Roman faction which was a combination of all families so they’d still be a powerhouse, and then turn the Brutii into Nabataea, Scipii into Illyria and Senate into the Bosporan Kingdom. That original plan is starting to sound really good again haha
God, Family, Baseball, Friends, Rome Total War, and Exilian. What more could I possibly need?

comrade_general

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2018, 06:06:52 PM »
Did those images work ok for you then, howler?

ahowl11

Voting Member
  • RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2018, 03:12:01 AM »
Yes sir! I readjusted the peasants a bit but yes they are great especially the Royal Pikemen

ahowl11

Voting Member
  • RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2018, 08:20:14 AM »

ahowl11's VE Mod v2 - Egyptian Makeover
 RELEASE

Tired of playing vanilla with Bronze Age Egyptians? Well, the problem has been solved!
 In this edition of my enhancement mod, I focused almost exclusively on remaking Egypt into the Ptolemaic Empire. It is a must when you are trying to enhance the vanilla game, and quite frankly I'd like this to be pretty historical, not a blend of fantasy and history, or a time-warp.

With this version, you will receive the following:
 -ReallyBad AI script for battles (this is largely untested, but it has popular demand in the community, because apparently it does a good job of making battles harder. I'll be testing myself, but please give feedback on it!)
*To activate the script, when the campaign starts, select a settlement, then click on the advisor. Then check your treasury to make sure that 1 denarius has been added to your treasury. If you exit out to start/load another campaign, before you do, click the '?' button in the menu and it will terminate the script. Otherwise you'll need to restart the game!*

- Egypt completely overhauled to Ptolemaic Empire. From the units, to the culture, names, sounds, and icons, there is nothing 'Egyptian' about this faction other than the location it starts in.

- 3 New Settlements: Hippo Regius, Aleria, and Iconium. The first two are for Carthage and the latter is for the Seleucids.
 - New Greek Officer for all Greek factions, including the Rebels.
 - Rebels now have a Greek Standard Bearer
 - Militia Hoplites have shirts!
 - Historical Battle of Raphia updated to accommodate Ptolemies

THE NEW PTOLEMAIC EMPIRE FACTION ROSTER & RECRUITMENT

CREDITS
 My main source for unit textures and unit cards was from the mod 'The Hellenic States' or 'THS' made by comrade_general. Other units were redone by my good friend Lanjane. The officer, is from a Russian mod, Barbarians Revenge, they have done an amazing job with their units.
 The 3 new cities were taken from the Vanilla Balance Mod, made by Barbarossa82 on totalwar.org
 The ReallyBadAI Script was made by Germanicu5 and it was intended for M2TW. Again, this  is experimental, I am not sure how it will work with RTW.
 I want to thank uanime5 for everything he does to help, Lanjane for his amazing art skills, suppanut for his mapping genius, comrade_general for all things re-coloring, and my friends on slack who give feedback, advice and ideas.
 Download

To Install:
 One thing that I need to be clear on, is this mod runs on the Alexander.exe not the regular Rome Total War exe. Please make sure you use an Alexander Install.
 If you have the last version of the mod, simply extract into the same location and overwrite your files. Make sure to delete the map.rwm file in HRTW/data/world/maps/base folder.
 If this is your first crack at my mod then follow these instructions:
 To Install, simply extract HRTW into your Rome Total War Directory,  or if you use steam, your Rome Total War Alexander Directory. when  making a shortcut, use the Alexander.exe or in steam go to Launch  options and include this: -show_err -mod:HRTW

Features listed in the forum or the latest article, once approved!

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 04:51:43 PM by ahowl11 »

comrade_general

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2018, 09:59:26 AM »
Hey you didn't put in those radar maps. :P

korsakoff

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2018, 02:15:49 PM »
Those Ptolemaic units are looking good!

ahowl11

Voting Member
  • RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2018, 07:17:37 PM »
CG, there’s a lot of stuff needed to be done for the map.. so I’m waiting on that. I didn’t wanna aka you to change them after every map edit lol so when the map is where I want it to be I’ll probably need the radar maps and faction selection maps.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2018, 10:54:34 AM »
Really nice work on the Egyptian makeover :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

ahowl11

Voting Member
  • RTR Project
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2018, 08:28:06 PM »
ahowl11's VE Mod v3 - Gallic Pride
 RELEASE

The Gauls were always a pushover in vanilla. They had hordes of shirtless warriors who'd rout as instantly as they'd charge. Those units still remain. However, vanilla never really gave them any support. Historically the Gauls had a sophisticated society and civilization, based off status and nobility. In this version of my mod, I wanted to give more immersion to the Gauls and their military, as well as upgrade their building tree for the late game. Lanjane was crucial to their development, I was just the one adding files in, so please give  credit to them, for the best Gallic representation that a vanilla mod  can offer!

Here are the list of features in v3:

- Barbarian UI from BI added to barbarian culture
 - New Strat Map Captain for Gauls
 - New Barbarian Officer and Carnyx Musician attached to Barbarian Units
 - BI buildings added to campaign and battle map. Only Gaul has access to all of the buildings though.

- Gallic Roster completely overhauled

- Battle AI script activated on battles (including custom battles!) instead of campaign. It actually works now, check it out!
 *TO ACTIVATE BATTLE SCRIPT, CLICK THE BATTLE ADVISOR ONCE THE BATTLE BEGINS
 - Druids available at all lvl3 Temples for Gauls
 - Naked Fanatics changed to Gaesatae and now available only to Gaul as a mercenary unit. No other factions can hire them.
 - Around 14 new units for the Gauls total.

I know the features list is sort of small, but the Gallic Roster is a lot larger and more complex, and it took a lot of time to make it.

Here is a look at the Gallic Roster in Detail:

Again, the main credits go to Lanjane  for helping me  create the roster on paper and then edit/make all the units and  graphics. Other credits go to: Macedon Expansion, Barbarians Revenge,  Rise of Empire, Extended Greek Mod and Extended Cultures Mod.

Download

For more visuals, check out the screenshots area on my moddb page!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 10:44:12 PM by ahowl11 »

comrade_general

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2018, 08:38:05 PM »
Superb!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2018, 11:08:26 PM »
In case you didn't see, I featured this in the newsletter:
https://exilian.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5747

:)