Author Topic: The SoaW Gondor Skinpack  (Read 2634 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The SoaW Gondor Skinpack
« on: September 23, 2018, 09:48:47 PM »
The Gondor Skinpack

Tolkien mods are pretty much a requirement for any game, and since I've already made an elf archer and the game has dwarves in, I thought it was time to give players the option of some more explicit Tolkien flavour - as such, here's a skinpack that replaces the standards squires and castle guards with soldiers of the mighty human realm of Gondor! Marching under the banner of the white tree, the proud men of Gondor defend the lands of humanity against the orcs, goblins, and other creatures and men led by the corrupting influence of the Dark Lord Sauron. Hope you have fun playing with them in your SoaW games!

Screenshots

In which a patrol in Minas Tirith meets a vagabond from far off lands.

In which a Captain of the City confronts an elf. And his pet squirrel.

In which an unwise decision to start throwing spears is made.

Install Instructions

1. Navigate to: Steam/steamapps/common/Son of A Witch/Witch.app/contents/resources/gfx/squire
2. MAKE A COPY of the "squire.png" file (call it something like squire_original)
3. Paste the squire_gondor.png contained in the zip file (attached to this post, below) into the folder, and rename it to "squire.png".
4. Do the same for the "spartan" folder and png. You may wish to copy overwrite both the spartan PNGs - the purple summoned one and the red standard one.
5. If you want to switch back to the normal troops, just switch the filenames back round.

As with all modpacks this is an unofficial project, released for free and downloaded/used entirely at the user's own risk.

The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

bigosaur

• View Profile
    • Bigosaur
    • Awards
Re: The SoaW Gondor Skinpack
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 10:04:31 PM »
These look amazing. :)

I'm starting to realize that I missed a huge opportunity when I decided to compile everything else in. Imagine if you could script NPC dialogue and positions with some simple quest system (at least for fetch/kill quests).

I'm definitely making my next fantasy game fully scriptable.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The SoaW Gondor Skinpack
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 12:17:31 AM »
Aye - I might make Gondor versions for the Violet Knights at some point, and I'm considering doing an Arnor variant as well, but I think there's only so much it's worth doing considering that I can't script any of the other changes to make a more LOTR feel. These were fun to make though :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...