Author Topic: What Is...Aerothium  (Read 1492 times)

stormwell

• View Profile
    • Utherwald Press
    • Awards
What Is...Aerothium
« on: December 03, 2018, 03:41:38 PM »
With a new edition of Savage Worlds on the horizon, I've been going through and updating Frozen Skies to reflect the new rules. Alot of this has been mostly changes to stats, Edges and Hindrances. It is also a golden opportunity to go through the fluff of the setting, edit and improve the parts I'm not 100% happy with. The objective of this is to try and make the fluff more clear by tracking down and rewriting the contradictions about the setting, basically to make things a little less disjointed. The first of this so-called "What Is...?" series is a look at the lifting gas of the air vessels found within the setting; AEROTHIUM.

http://www.utherwaldpress.com/2018/12/what-isaerothium.html

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: What Is...Aerothium
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 02:41:15 PM »
This was a good read :) I mean, as long as you don't try and think at all about the physics, it's good from a game mechanics perspective/provides the right level of balance between the power of the tech and the social or technical constraints.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

stormwell

• View Profile
    • Utherwald Press
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 03:43:08 PM »
This was a good read :) I mean, as long as you don't try and think at all about the physics, it's good from a game mechanics perspective/provides the right level of balance between the power of the tech and the social or technical constraints.
Thank you. :)
I've always had it pretty solid how I want the lifting gas in the setting to work, but its good getting it written down.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 05:05:07 PM »
From pure nerd-interest I'm of course now wondering if there's some way you could do a more handwaved version of the physics, but I suspect given gas + conductiveness coming up with something would involve me having to know something more about plasmas than I do - with a plasma being conductive unlike a gas, I guess that could be a part of the model, though.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...