Author Topic: Knights of Tartarus - An 8bit open world rpg game.  (Read 3659 times)

StelloHexis

• View Profile
    • Awards
Knights of Tartarus - An 8bit open world rpg game.
« on: April 07, 2019, 07:08:41 PM »

Imagine if Dragon Quest and Zelda were on one single game. What you'll get is Knights of Tartarus, an RPG where you go to the underworld to fight against four colossal monster knights. Knights of Tartarus is a challenging open world game where you will need monsters to teach you their spells, craft items, solve puzzles. Each monster holds special and unique abilities which can be learned. Monsters also give you crafting materials for making equipment. Additionally, there are skill upgrades that can be gained by leveling up. These give you special perks like performing combo moves or gaining resistances to status effects, and much more.

Knights of Tartarus also has a varied soundtrack with more than twenty-five 8-bit tracks.

The game will make its full release on April 19, but you can get the game now on these sites:
Itch - https://stello-hexis.itch.io/
Steam Store - https://store.steampowered.com/app/922920/Knights_of_Tartarus/

Also if you guys would like to support me and help me continue making games, please become a patron. I post stuff on game development and you get access to all the things I make. Thank you!
https://www.patreon.com/stellohexis

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Knights of Tartarus - An 8bit open world rpg game.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 10:41:34 PM »
This all looks very cool indeed - I really like the music too. :) What do you use to produce it?

The "I have made you a leather greaves" number/verb mismatch reminds me of the old adventure game I produced which had things like that in a lot (I actually like it in this style of game, it adds a certain adventure gamey charm somehow).

What sort of amount of gameplay time will this have? It must be fairly time consuming do do the detailed pixel art for the battles especially.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

StelloHexis

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 04:17:16 AM »
This all looks very cool indeed - I really like the music too. :) What do you use to produce it?

The "I have made you a leather greaves" number/verb mismatch reminds me of the old adventure game I produced which had things like that in a lot (I actually like it in this style of game, it adds a certain adventure gamey charm somehow).

What sort of amount of gameplay time will this have? It must be fairly time consuming do do the detailed pixel art for the battles especially.

Thank you so much! I made this game using C#/ Unity. The game has around 20 hours from start to the final boss. Yeah, this game took me about 3 years to make.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 10:07:11 PM »
20 hours is impressive! I'll definitely try and take a look when it comes out :)

Is your player character a pre-named individual, or do you get to choose details about them at all?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

StelloHexis

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 10:53:36 PM »
20 hours is impressive! I'll definitely try and take a look when it comes out :)

Is your player character a pre-named individual, or do you get to choose details about them at all?

You choose your player's name and class.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 10:53:24 AM »
Oh, cool - I like having a bit of character customisation available :) Looking forward to it!

StelloHexis

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2019, 12:10:07 AM »
Oh, cool - I like having a bit of character customisation available :) Looking forward to it!

You can totally customize your character; Weapons/gear drastically change the fighting style. You can farm spells from monsters and also you get skill upgrades which are 4 categories that alter your stats and passives.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2019, 11:25:14 PM »
Awesome :) looking forward to it!

beebug_nic

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Fringe Planet
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2019, 05:17:03 PM »
This looks super intriguing with a wonderful retro look and feel, can't wait to give it a go :-)