Author Topic: Tapir skin (for the undead pig)  (Read 4051 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Tapir skin (for the undead pig)
« on: July 28, 2019, 08:49:25 PM »
THE TAPIR SKINPACK

So, I've never been a huge fan of the undead pig. It's not that it isn't a cool concept, or that I don't like it sometimes: sometimes I am just going full necromancer and my undead slavering beast is exactly what I need then. But most of the time that's not how I'm thinking about my SoaW characters, and so it sometimes annoys me that it's basically the most common mount in the game (by some margin, I think, as the baby dragons are very rare and there are loads of other forest rooms that crowd out the boars). So I thought I'd spice things up by reskinning it - and after a bit of thought, decided on a tapir. There was no particular good logic to this other than perhaps that tapirs, like pigs, are somewhat rotund and so will look OK with the same base without to much messing around. So, uh, if you ever want to ride a tapir in this game, this thread has you covered!

SCREENSHOTS

An elf ranger meets an unexpected exotic animal in a very unexpected location!

This works out well for everyone. Well, except maybe the ranger's foes...

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

1. Navigate to: Steam/steamapps/common/Son of A Witch/Witch.app/contents/resources/gfx/pig
2. MAKE A COPY of the "pig.png" file (call it something like pig_undead)
3. Paste the tapir.png contained in the zip file (attached to this post, below) into the folder, and rename it to "pig.png".
4. If you want to switch back to the normal green archer, just switch the filenames back round.

As with all modpacks this is an unofficial project, released for free and downloaded/used entirely at the user's own risk.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...