Author Topic: Armoured Archer Skinpack  (Read 5692 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Armoured Archer Skinpack
« on: July 28, 2019, 08:37:58 PM »
THE ARMOURED ARCHER SKINPACK

So, I've had this idea knocking around in my head for a while - the game's basic archer is a light ranger-type archer, but why not produce an archer that's more of an armoured medieval soldier type? As such, here he is, with a metal helmet and a neck-covering and torso armour of scale mail, with a red colour theme on his quiver arrows and sleeves. I think he fits pretty well with the original game's textures, and could also work well alongside e.g the Avtandil skin from my Knight In Panther Skin skinpack if you want a general low-medieval overhaul of how your SoaW should look. Hope you like it!

SCREENSHOTS

Who shoots first, wins: facing off against a castle guard on the battlements.

More armour is nice when you unexpectedly find yourself in a war zone!

Out in the deserts, an armoured mounted archer is the king of warriors...

...as some of these unfortunate bandits are about to find out!

INSTALL

1. Navigate to: Steam/steamapps/common/Son of A Witch/Witch.app/contents/resources/gfx/archer
2. MAKE A COPY of the "archer.png" file (call it something like archer_green)
3. Paste the archer_armoured.png contained in the zip file (attached to this post, below) into the folder, and rename it to "archer.png".
4. If you want to switch back to the normal green archer, just switch the filenames back round.

As with all modpacks this is an unofficial project, released for free and downloaded/used entirely at the user's own risk.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

bigosaur

• View Profile
    • Bigosaur
    • Awards
Re: Armoured Archer Skinpack
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2019, 09:23:31 PM »
I'm starting to think that I really need to add support for modding and some scripting. :)

Imagine if you could create a custom adventure where you can replace some of the default graphics and lock some drops and write custom dialogue. Would something like that be interesting?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2019, 09:29:54 PM »
Yeah, I'd definitely happily have a play around with that sort of system :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

nenadragon

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 04:12:53 AM »
I like your skins :)
thanks for sharing :P

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2019, 10:26:44 AM »
Awesome, thank you very much for sharing, it's really nice to see people using the stuff I made! :)

(What game mode are these on? I don't recognise the room layouts, and you have the undead pig/tapir in forest level...)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 10:37:16 AM by Jubal »

bigosaur

• View Profile
    • Bigosaur
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2019, 09:58:30 AM »
(What game mode are these on? I don't recognise the room layouts, and you have the undead pig/tapir in forest level...)

Obviously edited some of the regular levels. You can get undead pig in the catacombs and then use /shop or similar command to teleport back to the forest (it wraps around).

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2019, 11:47:34 AM »
I assumed, I was just wondering if I'd forgotten something! :)

And huh, never realised it wrapped around, I'd not tried that. Interesting!

nenadragon

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2019, 06:14:26 AM »
Awesome, thank you very much for sharing, it's really nice to see people using the stuff I made! :)

My own story ;D
Edit with GM mode.(DM=1)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 06:21:14 AM by nenadragon »