Author Topic: Evil Windows  (Read 3708 times)

comrade_general

Evil Windows
« on: February 27, 2020, 02:06:46 PM »
So rtw doesn't work with evil windows 10 and so far I haven't been able to find a solution to get it working other than maybe something to do with steam or using an older machine. Anyone else know anything about it?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Evil Windows
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 04:43:28 PM »
I just got the steam version in the end on account of that being easier. Does using compatibility mode not work?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

comrade_general

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2020, 10:21:00 PM »
Negative.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2020, 11:21:05 PM »
Balls. No idea what else to advise then - either run XP on a virtual machine if you've got enough processing power to do so, or get the steam version, I guess. I don't know if there are any non-steam outlets that do it, I don't think GOG stocks Total War titles.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

comrade_general

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2020, 12:07:00 AM »
That's a good solution. I made a partition using Oracle VirtualBox and installed a copy of XP on it.

edit; Well I was able to install the game but it won't start because the virtual drive won't recognize the disk to start the fricken game.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 12:47:39 AM by comrade_general »

comrade_general

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2020, 05:47:14 PM »
I have the game on my steam thing, the only game, but I can't remember my password and they're actually making me chat with a real person to verify my identity before I can change my password. It's sickening. 100% of every other account thing I use has an automated password changing system. What the portugal makes steam so special. Really irritating.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2020, 10:51:10 PM »
Ugh, people. I've been trying to use GOG more and Steam less, but indie stuff and Total War tends to be more often Steam only.

comrade_general

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2020, 10:53:32 PM »
Turns out I had two accounts attached to my email and I was able to log in to that one and use the CD key from my hard copy to activate the game. So I finally got to play Rome <3

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2020, 11:19:52 PM »
Yay! Congrats :)