Author Topic: For The Warp is OUT NOW on Steam - A roguelike deck-building in space  (Read 3636 times)

Goncalom

• View Profile
    • Massive Galaxy
    • Awards
Hello!
Just released my first Steam game, in early access.

It's a roguelike with card based combat mechanics, or to easily explain it, a mix between FTL and Slay the Spire.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1201830/For_The_Warp/

You assembled a ragtag team for a dangerous trade route, but suddenly the nearest warp gate was destroyed.
You have no option but to take the longest route, deliver your valuable cargo to make a hefty profit...
Just survive and reach for the warp gate!

Features
- 2 Playable ships, with a 3rd one coming soon
- 5 systems to explore
- 80 playable cards and 15 equipment cards
- Explore procedurally generated systems and fight your way to the warp gate
- Encounter allies and foes, ancient civilization ruins, unlock powerful weapons and equipment

Thanks!

Gmd

• The one and only
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Quack
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: For The Warp is OUT NOW on Steam - A roguelike deck-building in space
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 02:51:37 PM »
AMAZING WORK
Bunneh and I Rule this land in the name of Supreme Lord Krishna.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") 

Give me my green name back!!! I am always Logothetes

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 10:46:18 PM »
As this is your project, moved to the Indie Alley. :)

Also, just bought a copy! Off to bed now, but will have a play and share some thoughts sometime in the next few days.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 05:59:41 PM »
I have played and have some feedback!

• Biggest bug report: I had an equipment item that was supposed to give me -20% to damage. It did not. It gave me all incoming damage reduced to 20 percent of total. This made the game suuuuuper easy.
  • I was finding everything was getting really random by the late game, I'd amassed absurd numbers of cards and there weren't many opportunities to remove them from my deck - which meant that the "strategic" cards (like "do X if you have Y in your hand" were all useless. Also, a lot of those cards had pathetic effect levels given a 5 hand size, so like plasma burst - 3dmg per plasma card in your hand, not including the burst itself - is almost never going to do more than 3-6 damage which is very poor.
  • I definitely found I wanted more variation in enemies. The different enemy ship types looked kind of cool, but didn't seem to fight differently in any meaningful way, except slight variations in shield and HP numbers and so on. A few more cool special abilities that the player could pick up on - some ships that particularly go for burning you, some that have evasive abilities, some that pretty much solely run blocking maneuvers like energy and shield drains - would make the differences much more meaningful.
  • For effects lasting a full turn, it would be cool if the visuals reflected that - so for example the cloaking device where you partly fade out, it'd look hugely cooler if you were faded out for the whole turn I think.
  • HP restorative cards seemed to be in very short supply/hard to find, especially considering that there were cards that actually burned HP for combat effects.
  • Finally, I really wanted a bit more backstory detail on the different enemy types. As much as it's obvious that they like fighting me, it's often not so obvious why that's the case.

Looking forward to future updates anyway - I really enjoyed the game overall, I thought it was great.  :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Goncalom

• View Profile
    • Massive Galaxy
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2020, 02:08:10 PM »
Hi, thanks a lot for the feedback.

Regarding the equipment bug, it's a known issue and I'm actually pushing a patch today fixing that bug.

Regarding all those issues, I'm aware of those things and gradually implementing new stuff, from new mechanics, enemy interactions to new story/lore content.

Thank you!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 11:43:46 PM »
New bug: I had a game today where I got the +1 energy when discarding equipment card (matter converter I think it's called?), and kept the benefit even after unequipping it, it seemed. My actual equipments loaded were an aux engine (the +1 power at turn start one), the +10 shields, +10 hp card, the +1hp/turn card, and the resource efficiency one (draw a new card when discarding). But I was still getting the benefit as if I had the Matter Converter, which was pretty odd.

bigosaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Bigosaur
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2020, 05:55:27 PM »
This looks really cool. I'm getting some FTL vibes, but the graphics seem much better to me, something more like Halcyon 6.

Looking forward to try the full release once it exits Early Access.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2020, 07:45:09 PM »
I should really check back and play more of this sometime soon...