Author Topic: Shogun 2 TW Free on Steam now  (Read 2243 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Shogun 2 TW Free on Steam now
« on: April 27, 2020, 06:30:56 PM »
In "actually neat stuff" today, Shogun 2 is free, as they announced on Twitter. So I guess I'm finally actually getting a copy.
https://twitter.com/totalwar/status/1254822059668054017

https://store.steampowered.com/app/201270/Total_War_SHOGUN_2/
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Gmd

• The one and only
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Quack
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Shogun 2 TW Free on Steam now
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 12:39:39 AM »
Great game. Already have it, i've really been enjoying Total warhammer, which i need to get back into. Got a free copy of it from my roommate who went to warhammer world during some promo, strange considering i walk past it everyday on my commute.
Bunneh and I Rule this land in the name of Supreme Lord Krishna.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") 

Give me my green name back!!! I am always Logothetes

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 09:41:42 PM »
Well, I've now "purchased" it for the sum of no points nothingpence. No idea when I'll get a chance to fire it up and play it, that said.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

dubsartur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2020, 09:24:29 PM »
What operating systems does Steam work with?  I never switched from buying CDs to online subscriptions because I have the impression that there are some security risks around these platforms, but I loved the original Shogun, RTW, and MTW 1 and 2.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2020, 10:03:53 PM »
I think the computer virus security risks around big platforms like Steam and GOG are very limited, they're big and fairly robust companies with systems for tackling that side of things. Obviously there are the usual risks of yet another big company having your details etc, but that's no more so than is usual for e-commerce platforms I think. Both of them will run on Windows and on at least some Linux platforms, AIUI, though I use windows so I can't speak as to how good the Linux implementations are.