Author Topic: Exilian Chain Writing - Read The Stories!  (Read 2975 times)

Leafly

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Exilian Chain Writing - Read The Stories!
« on: August 07, 2020, 02:39:44 PM »
Exilian Summer 2020 Chain Writing - Project Complete

Our Chain Writing project is now complete! Including twenty four different writers from across the world, we've created three awesome and very different stories. The project's been running since the spring, and we're very pleased to be able to share the results, which include tales from the sea, love and loss, betrayal, mighty missions, broken promises, adventure and anarchy, and a very mischievous prisoner of the ship commanded by Davey Jones. So, get ready and enjoy the creative wonders from the many members and supporters of Exilian! We hope you enjoy them!

The rules of the project were that each writer added up to 250 words to the story, building up a collaborative piece together. The writers were not allowed to discuss the story as it was ongoing and indeed didn't know who else was part of their chain - I as editor passed each section onto the next person. It's a major challenge for writers to take on this sort of collaborative project, and I'd like to hugely thank all of our writers – Andrew Conway, Arthcymro, Beebug_Nic, Bigosaur, BlackZebra, Caradìlis, Dan Shaw, Eleonora, H. E. Strachan, Irina Rempt, justatoady, KingSingh, Leo, Muxley, Nakyo, Phoenixguard, Pitys, rbuxton, Samuel Cook (Tar-Palantir), SLiV, Suzi (Spritelady), Tusky von Tuskington III, Waddleflap, and myself.

I'm hoping to run another round of chain writing in winter, probably starting mid-December, so please do keep an eye out for that.

Hope you enjoy the stories!

Jubal (Organiser)

The Chain Writing Stories

Lucia is now part of the crew and ship commanded by Davy Jones, but longs for something more adventurous. Thinking desperately how to cook up the best way to be banished from the ship and find her true passion, could lead to devastation and severe consequences for her. But she is fearless and will stop at nothing! Let’s see what happens!

A mission, designed to cultivate relationships and protect sacred Holy Land. Philip is trusted to find peaceful allies. On his quest he is accompanied by someone, but will it cost him dearly?

Different species with one common and mutual theme, love. That was until something happened, to shake and test the strength of it. Is there A Chance of Tentacles Past or is it all too late?

« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 10:59:54 PM by Jubal »

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Exilian Chain Writing - Read The Stories!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 11:47:46 AM »
Yay! Shall we get these all moved to their relevant forums so people can actually see them now? :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Leafly

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2020, 11:32:15 AM »
Yay! All moved  :)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2020, 11:16:31 PM »
OK, got the emails out about all these. I'll try and do social media posts in the coming days. So tired at the moment, sorry if I'm being slow with things.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Leafly

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2020, 08:32:27 AM »
Hello Jubal, you've not been slow at all. Hope you are well and if I can help, please do let me know :)