Author Topic: SE:V - Renaissance Nova  (Read 5443 times)

DeepCandle Games

• RPG author and big nerd
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Aspiring TTRPG Writer
    • View Profile
    • My Ko-Fi Shop-front!
    • Awards
SE:V - Renaissance Nova
« on: September 26, 2020, 08:45:36 AM »
Hello all, just thought I'd unpack a mod I've only just begun working on; it's an exercise in working with video game files and configurations, and also a creative exercise in making my idea a reality

so what is Renaissance Nova?
It's simply my attempt at an original setting, a space opera inspired by the age of exploration and renaissance; the most concise way to describe it's primary inspiration is aesthetically a lot of the war-hammer 30k period and Sins Of A Solar Empires' first contact premise. Where-as most science fiction is either set at the height of technology or during the height of space exploration and presenting the earthlings as being the best at some sort of thing relative to their own progress and adapting to a role of power.

In Renaissance Nova the premise is focused more around the very inception of the technology - not just for humanity but illustrating the period where different civilizations and species take their first successful steps towards becoming an interstellar body.

Technology in Renaissance Nova is going to be an attempt at merging 14th century exploration themes with fairly rudimentary technology, with different civilizations representing not pseudo-historic nations but the adoption of various different philosophies being the emphasis of each one

I can't really make any big promises on how large this scope will grow to become but this is my current vision for it!
I write many projects focused around RPGs and rules expansions!

If you'd like to support me you can buy (or download for free) my finished work from https://ko-fi.com/nanoteq_rpg or play-test them with me on my discord!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: SE:V - Renaissance Nova
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 09:49:58 PM »
Sorry to be dim but - what game is this mod for?

Sounds a cool premise :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

DeepCandle Games

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Aspiring TTRPG Writer
    • View Profile
    • My Ko-Fi Shop-front!
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 12:46:13 AM »
Space Empires V, sorry I didn't format the OP very well

If you'd like to support me you can buy (or download for free) my finished work from https://ko-fi.com/nanoteq_rpg or play-test them with me on my discord!

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 09:32:48 AM »
Ah OK :) No worries! It's not a game I've played, is it good?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

DeepCandle Games

• Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Aspiring TTRPG Writer
    • View Profile
    • My Ko-Fi Shop-front!
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2020, 03:20:10 AM »
It's pretty solid, it just takes a lot of time and more importantly it's hard to convince anyone to play it