Author Topic: Announcing: Coding Medieval Worlds!  (Read 3174 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Announcing: Coding Medieval Worlds!
« on: November 27, 2020, 08:32:23 PM »
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
Re: Announcing: Coding Medieval Worlds!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2020, 10:31:20 PM »
Sounds great, sign me up!
<< Signature redacted >>

Mysteria Studio

• View Profile
    • Mysteria Studio Website
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 12:39:12 AM »
Yeah, this seems very interesting and relevant to my project, following with great interest.

dubsartur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2020, 05:17:03 AM »
Actually, Jubal, Bret Devereaux's ramble about the politics of religion and settler colonialism in Assassin's Creed: Valhalla might be your cup of tea? https://acoup.blog/2020/11/20/miscellanea-my-thoughts-on-assassins-creed-valhalla/

I have a similar rant about how the style of warfare in Shogun: Total War works less and less well the more goals and limits of warfare diverge from what they were in Sengoku Japan.  So in MTW your empire tends to get too big and is too unified.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2020, 10:44:16 AM »
Actually, Jubal, Bret Devereaux's ramble about the politics of religion and settler colonialism in Assassin's Creed: Valhalla might be your cup of tea? https://acoup.blog/2020/11/20/miscellanea-my-thoughts-on-assassins-creed-valhalla/
Yes, I now get his posts on my RSS feed so I read them as they come out - I did indeed like that one :)

Mysteria - great! If you'd like to participate, do remember to drop me an email :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

dubsartur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2020, 10:47:27 PM »
I got the reminder email, I had already forwarded two people who might be interested in the conference.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2020, 12:19:28 PM »
Thanks :) Sign-ups are now over: I think we're a lot more historian heavy than I'd hoped but we hopefully should be able to have a good workshop all the same with the people we have. I'll get an email out to everyone this evening.