Author Topic: Europe 1080 mod - General Discussion  (Read 81171 times)

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Europe 1080 mod - General Discussion
« Reply #165 on: December 29, 2010, 04:55:17 PM »
Well I tend not to follow the trend, not to be lead by the will of others. I don't wanna buy a game whose company decided unfairly that I was an unwanted member of the comunity.

I am in exile, here at exilian, but this exile is now my web ''home''. So, with fans or withought them, we modders do games for our own pleasure, first. I will stick to 1.011 and hope my, yours and Jub's work atracts some people here.

To glory...  :sparta:  THIS IS EXILIAN  :knight:  

:knight:   :knight:   :knight:   :knight:   :knight:   :knight:   :P   :knight:  = Attack!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 04:55:59 PM by Dimos »
Team member of: Europe 1080 / Southern Realms / Britannia 1100 Gold

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #166 on: January 08, 2011, 04:51:26 AM »

Good OR Bad?

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #167 on: January 08, 2011, 07:20:01 PM »
Sorry, but it looks messy... Do you have a reference picture ? I might try to do something...
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
  • Awards Awarded for outstanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #168 on: February 04, 2011, 02:39:06 PM »
So how's progress Dimos?  This mod was looking a little quiet so I thought I'd bring some attention to it cause it is really very good.  :D

The Norbayne Campaign Instagram page. Give us a cheeky follow if you like. :)
By the power of Ga'haarr I command you to vanish! VANISH!
I CANNOT BE KILLED BUT WITH FIRE!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Crazier than a crack-head cat and here to make sticky treats out of your vital organs.

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #169 on: February 04, 2011, 04:32:45 PM »
I'm in the process of making a few models for his mod, but I'm busy in my RL...
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #170 on: February 04, 2011, 05:28:16 PM »
Well SilverWolf, I just need the hats, I like my re-tectures, they like failry nice done, I would say.

Just tha hats. Still waitng for Jubal to send me the basic files so as I will strat placing the faction towns and re-work on all factions troops lords etc...

Hope version 0.3 will bring a fair amount of newcomers, but it won't be for warband... so we might be close to the end of updates, if most people won't play it. Though if Jubal has the will to work on the scripts continuously, I will be glad to provide all our forum's members who have 1.011 still with the mod's updates and news... I just did some new scenes so far and I am also testing some others, wheter or not to put them in-game

That's all folks!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 05:29:43 PM by Dimos »

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #171 on: February 05, 2011, 04:43:04 AM »
Sounds good mate, keep it up.  There will always be some people who play 1.011.  :D

I find it funny what you said Silver Wolf.  "In MY Real Life."  You live in a different world to rest of us, don't you?  :P
(\__/)

Crazier than a crack-head cat and here to make sticky treats out of your vital organs.

Ker Raven

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #172 on: February 05, 2011, 06:04:12 PM »
Hello Dimos

A little bit of verbal meandering....
The more I play this mod the higher my opinion, it just takes me so long to get anywhere because I now stop at every town and village to explore the scenery and go poking about in other peoples castles.
Firstly played a 'test game' to see if I liked the mod and have now moved on to a 'serious' campaign which I have diaried as is my quirky way, and will take some up to date screen shots and put into the Titles and Estates section.  I do agree that gamers should use the forum to encourage others to use and enjoy the mod.

Original v. Warband.   Personally I prefer 1.011....but then I am and always have been a solo wargamer even @0 years ago when I was writing rules and scenarios for table top historical wargamers. For some reason WB does not have the same feel as 1.011 for the solo player, I am just glad and very grateful to talented guys (and gals?) like yourself and Jubal who are putting working into 1.011 mods for my enjoyment, you deserve all the support and praise that we piggy back gamers can give you.

Historical Accuracy ~  I am all in favour of a reasonably accurate historical staring point....historical timelines completely go out the minute your avatar starts to make an impact on the environment...so the historical bracket maintains a degree of disipline, however a large degree of poetic licence is needed to make the game play interesting without the need to constantly use cheats to move the action along or avoid unwanted events.

Future tweeks.  I am sure that I am not suggesting anything that has not been raised before but my  'like to have' list of cosmetic changes or playable enhancements would be.......I am sure some may not be viable and other are already in progress.....
~Walk through manor houses in your villages where you can station small numbers of troops and prisoners (mini castles), or the ability to 'dump' unwanted soldiers into the village.....historically most town and villages would have had several trained yeomen forming a small militia who the lord could call upon, armed and ready as part of his feudal levy.
~Re-activated chests/storage/stables in castles where equipment and horses can be stored for later use
           and for closer historical adherance
~The return of some plain colour surcoats and leather armour not linked to faction liveries, ie brown, black, white and grey, serching for suitable kit for your companions can sometimes be a trial as the game progresses particularly if your party is not linked to one of the set factions.
~The removal of the plate armour for some knights and the sword sisters.  I would be happy for the sword sisters to stay as there is quite a lot of historical evidence to suggest that women serving as men?-at-arms throughout the middle ages was far more common that Victorian based history would have the world believe. In fact most castles were managed and often commanded by the 'chatelaine' the wife, mistress, mother or sister of the fief holder when away on campaign, during the civil war of Stephen/Maud it is suggested that almost 75% of fortresses were held by women for their men.  Perhaps the plate could be simply replaced with heraldic surcoats with mail.  I would assume that most sword sisters will be serving as mercenaries so would probably wear either plain colours or their employers livery, matching his banner.
~Additional unallocated or editable banners and liveries and the abilitity to change your banner via the camp menu perhaps.  A knight who rises to become a Count or Duke will almost certainly enhance his coat of arms to reflect his new status particularly if it accompanies the creation of a new faction.
~For similar reasons, the ability to change or add a title to a companion's name as you can for the player avatar.
~Finally that old chestnut ...the Death Wish.   Realistically soldiers do get killed or permanently disabled in combat.  I can understand that gamers may wish their avatar to be immortal and it is sad to loose a companion as happens in many role playing games, however, is it viable to have a  low percentage  of enemy or friendly faction lords killed in battle, thus freeing up estates to be given as fiefs. Companions once killed can never be replaced so perhap a few might be seriously wounded from time to time causing them to leave the party and not be available to re-recruit for a suitable period.

Sorry that is one hell of a list and I must emphasise NOT demands only suggestion, the type of thing I would like to do if I had the skills.

My apologies for having a serious bout of verbal diahrrhea.  Please do not feel the need to politely reply to each point.

Ker Raven

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #173 on: February 05, 2011, 07:26:50 PM »
Quote from: "phoenixguard09"
Sounds good mate, keep it up.  There will always be some people who play 1.011.  :D

I still do, for example.

I find it funny what you said Silver Wolf.  "In MY Real Life."  You live in a different world to rest of us, don't you?  :P

Yeah, something like that ... Last 2 weeks have been some of the worst I've ever had ...

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #174 on: February 05, 2011, 09:52:05 PM »
To all: Now guys I must say I am impressed. Seems 1.010/1.011 still has its fanatics and I'm glad for this.

I am especially happy my good friend phoenixguard09 still plays 1.010/1.011 m&b. Well on the other hand I am surprised he didn't knew that Silver Wolf has his own life. Mate! SW is a necromancer! He can do anything dude!!!

Also, Lord Silver Wolf , I am happy that you play with your favourite Croats and that you will make the religious hats needed for the mod.

Ker Raven: Welcome to Europe 1080 my good fellow! First of all I am truly and fully happy that you like the mod in general terms. Your ideas are clever and innovative and therefore must be looked upon with much interest by me and Jubal.

~Re-activated chests/storage/stables...
That's a good point and should be looked upon. Don't know about the stables [how possible is that and how will that be done] , but about the chests and also an ability to storage horses in a place I think it's a nice proposal.

~Walk through manor houses...
An other nice idea It will require new scripts and scenes, but I can make some villages have a taller and most ''defended'' house -the manor- which will have inside it some items worthy of a Lord / Noble...

~The return of some plain colour surcoats and leather armour not linked to faction liveries...
I was thinking of that myself the other day. Hopefully I will do some textures that will be ''Neutral'' ones an will be used by mercenaries, companions and minor Lords... or even by the player!

~The removal of the plate armour for some knights and the sword sisters...
Well. I once asked Jubal if I should remove the ''Great Helm'' from the game in favour of another new moddel. He replied negatively suggesting that this Helm is nice and that he likes it personally in-game. The same is how I feel about the plate armour. It might not be so historical, but all games can have one historical mistake. Maybe I will do my best so as it will be extremely RARE. I will remove it from the items availiable for sale so as it will re-appear in the shops in very rare occasions and will be availiable mostly on the vast battlefields of Europe. About the Sword Sisters, yep I was thinking of maybe introducing also -exept the peasant women and thefemale camp guards- another type of women warrior-recruits. The ''surcoat'' idea is a goo one since we can make those female warriors more Helraldric and suitable at the era.

...the ability to change or add a title to a companion's name as you can for the player avatar...
Well that is a nice idea especially if you want to have the full control of the game events. For example you can choose to marry Ymira or Alaina or Klethi and make them ie. ''Queen [name] '' . Also you can choose to make Marcus or Jubal a minor Knight, leader of a garisson or even Bishop Leon of Chalcedon an Arcbishop or a Catholic Cardinal ? or Bishop Vitalis an Orthodox Patriarch of Jerusalem or Alexandria...

~Finally that old chestnut ...the Death Wish...
Well let me have a negative stance on the last issue, for I prefer a game full of life. Maybe if many people think death mode should be included we must make a way for it to be activated-deactivated before the game and expand that even to the player himself...

- - -

Good points. Please post more and pm me your Windows live messenger [msn] adress so as we can spea more about the mod. Thanks a lot all of you people who bring life to this mod!

Ker Raven

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #175 on: February 09, 2011, 10:15:41 AM »
Dimos

I had a thought about chests/storage........perhaps an easy compromise would be a chest/table with a book perhaps called 'castle Inventory' which opens in the same way as the chest and could be used to keep the castle/town inventory of food, weapons and horses.  I don't know if this would work....just a suggestion.

Ker Raven

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #176 on: March 14, 2011, 02:10:03 PM »
I officialy declare this DAY as the starting day of Version 0.3's progress begining!

Go, Jubal. And once done, send me the files to start my work! -for now... I'll do some scenes...

Phoenixguard09

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
  • Spiffy Haired One
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #177 on: March 14, 2011, 10:41:51 PM »
Well done so far Dimos.  Good luck to you and Jubal. :D
(\__/)

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #178 on: March 15, 2011, 02:29:21 AM »
You Just posted your 666th Post. Goodnight!   :ninja:

Hope that will not come against the mod...  :D

:morning:  Now... Wait a long time... pics will start coming by next day ...  :morning:

:towar:

Licko

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Europe 1080 mod - General Discussion
« Reply #179 on: November 06, 2011, 05:34:20 PM »
I wanted to say i am back on track with this mod and i will play as long as it stays 1.011. If it goes warband i will find some other mod to play ;) and btw do u know aproximetly when 0.3 could be done? ty