Author Topic: Europe 1080 mod - General Discussion  (Read 81361 times)

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Europe 1080 mod - General Discussion
« Reply #135 on: May 19, 2010, 09:04:57 PM »
Your objection is noted, now... fall back in line!

Will replace the ''beer belly'' moddel of the Portugese Rag...

New one, a mailed Tunic used by German Sergeants and Infantry [WIP, maybe the eagle has to go a bit down?]

Will replace the light armour of the french militia...

Also some stuff I should not forrget: [LIST IS UPDATED HERE]
-Add the Spawing point for the banker in all scenes, therefore solving the ''banker do not appear in fights'' bug -Testing shows that the problem is succesfully solved!
-Add Mercenary Turkopoles, in-game
-Add Bohemian Footmen mercenaries
-Change dialogues [New religious vows, presantation of NPC's and more...]
-Add my new retextures in-game
-Find out what will the ''knights of Santiago'' will turn to
-Expanded troop trees
-Maybe add the Almoghavars
-Make all town patrols look alike [with the retexture of a gambeson and by the aid of the native ones] [also create 5 basic town patrol units: City_Watchman, City_Watch_Skirmisher, City_Watch_Crossbowman, City_watch_Horseman, City_Watch_Horse_Archer ] TESTING
-Turn the ''Dark hunters'' into ''Bulgarian Brigands''
-Bandit tweaks
-Put the spawing points of the ships in the right places on the map... - Testing shows that we have a problem with the travelling merchant ships, which as expected cannot reach their geographically opposite ships [North-South]
-Ability to speak to the village elder from the menus
-Rename ''Byzantine Empire'' to ''Roman Empire''
-Make captured villages produce recruits of the new owner - postponed?
-Work on all Lords equipment
-Add my new scenes for villages, castles and towns
-Add the new, hidden tutorial...
-and more

All those are goin' to be used in the 0,25 version of the mod
-Green are done or mostly done
-Orange are being worked right now
-White are not started
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 09:08:58 PM by Dimos »
Team member of: Europe 1080 / Southern Realms / Britannia 1100 Gold

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #136 on: May 20, 2010, 12:18:30 AM »
You should not replace the armors... Just add new ones to create some diversity between the units...
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #137 on: May 20, 2010, 08:23:40 AM »
they look the same ...wolfy ! I mean they are just ''copies'' of the other ones in better looking moddels, so that's why I replace them with those... Note that the Portugese armour which is already in-game will not be replaced, at least for now, neither will it be retectured. This is a replacement for an armour posted 2 pages before...
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 10:36:33 AM by Dimos »

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #138 on: May 21, 2010, 09:59:33 AM »
Hellooooo... I'm saying that you should USE BOTH of them to create some much needed diversity.
"Less of a young professional - more of an ancient amateur. But frankly, I'm an absolute dream."

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #139 on: May 21, 2010, 10:53:30 AM »
Hello back!  :D  Wolfy, don't be that nervous!  B)

I said to you that they are exact copies of the old ones! No need to have 2 similar armours in-game, that limits the ability to add more new stuff, and I hope you understand why, don't you? Better to have many different than few same, a wise man said once -even if I don't know who he was of if he was  :P  -

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #140 on: May 21, 2010, 12:23:27 PM »
They don't look that similar to me...

Spoiler: click to toggle

No need to have 2 similar armours in-game, that limits the ability to add more new stuff, and I hope you understand why, don't you? Better to have many different than few same

I don't agree with you ... I think that armies look like a bunch of clones right now and that looks bad. There should be at least some diversity... But it's your mod and it up to you to decide.

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #141 on: May 25, 2010, 10:32:41 AM »

Isn't it better to make more ''that'' way ?

Spoiler: click to toggle

And a new Almoghavar Armour:
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 08:14:50 PM by Dimos »

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #142 on: June 03, 2010, 09:50:51 AM »
-Catalon- Almoghavars are added. They will be availiable via the Spannish factions [Navarre / Castille-Leon ] troop trees.

Also most of the patrols are tested and they are ok. I will need to fix the ''merchant moovement on the map bug'' maybe with the move of the york ships down is the mediteranean...

I will also have to work on the crews...

And some other basic stuff. I hope that in a few days / weeks the mod will be ready for a new release! Ah! NOT TO FORGET TO do a new troop tree fro the lithuanians, which will be used after Duke Daumantas III will gain power and if he manages to christianize all of the pagan country.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 11:45:19 AM by Dimos »

Colonel_Ryan

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #143 on: June 12, 2010, 02:28:23 AM »
Damn. Nice looking stuff there, bro. :)

I still think you should make this for Warband. although, Warband has the bump. So I could teach you the bump and there we go, nice and realistic looking armors ;)

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #144 on: July 08, 2010, 10:15:33 PM »
Hey guys! 0.25 release day is coming!!

Wait for it!

« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 05:29:02 PM by Dimos »

Silver Wolf

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #145 on: July 23, 2010, 10:48:15 AM »
Any news Dimos ?

Dimos

• Patrikios
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #146 on: July 23, 2010, 03:48:57 PM »
Yes... well... A new release is coming soon. New troop trees and fixed patrols and patrol fleets... New religious vows and new dialogues... Also new textures and stuff..

I am planning to release the new version once I return from my holidays, back to my City and before I will leave again...

I hav also done some indoor scenes, which you really gonna love!

Thanks for the interest!

Arminius

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #147 on: August 06, 2010, 05:59:20 PM »
Very nice job done guys!
Epharisto poli, Dimos! Since I love particularly the medieval setting of this mod; which I tend to favourise over other, well done as well, mods for M&B.

Moreover from curiosity; I started lately to check on game codes and ingamescripts and stumbled across some nice small ingametweaks (some of them you guys have already implented in Europe 1080) which sounded fairly compatible with your game setting. Promptly I implemented them in the game code; thus increasing the ingame experience slightly.

I know your guys are busy as hell, and the summer lures everyone outside; but if you are interested on implementing those small tweaks into your mod; just go ahead! You can grab them at the downlink link at the end of the post easily.

List of changed files:
- conversation
- item_kinds1
- menus
- module
- party_templates
- quick_strings
- scripts
- simple_triggers
- sounds
- triggers
- troops

Basically, I added some new minor options to the game (v 1.011). Like talking to the Village and City Elder right away from the menu, decide to engage in battle with either defenders or attackers; regardless of the attitude towards the faction, Talak's Weapon Mod; which I think it suites to this medieval setting, the possibility to give soldiers to own patrols or peasants, garrison "backup" troops in villages and heroes in castles and mainly anything that was proposed in the Taleworlds Forum on minor tweaks to the game, especially from MageLord and two other guys. Run your version with the new text files and check the new opportunities. Great deal of fun!

The files are compiled but not entirely tested by me, as to ensure the basic code guarantee to Europe 1080. No credits for me are necessary, since i only implemented the work from MageLord mainly.

Some footnotes for the next release of Europe 1080:
- Pathway point clearing for stacking of parties (good work done in Wedding Dance, no stacking there)
Possible solution in emergency case: Script the lords for "beaming home" after a initial period where they haven't moved an inch on a map. It's devastating for smaller "nations" like Navarre, where the whole "expeditonial army" is stucked somewhere to a nonsense grade.
Could this problem be somehow solved, the game would became greatly more fun in general! Everything else could be considered secondary!
- Some "nice to have" features:
1) More quests please for the very nice heroes. Like meeting Vasileios, travel to Constaninopole, meet Emperor Alexios, request Vasileios for duty for example. Not that much work after all. Some background information obtained on the heroes would greatly enhance the already dense atmosphere indeed! In case, you don't want to go solo on this mod, i could attend to the python and scripting and figure out some nice files for you. The game code seems not that complicated as in some other games. You don't need a hand; it's fair for me too! No interest on creating some mod on myself. Too much involved on other business as well.
2) Some minor fixes on Castille & Leon troop tree. They use mainly egyptian tree. I am not sure, but dare to remember that in the 0.1 version of Europe the Castillans used "home" troops. I don't care about the Knights of Santiago not fitting in this setting. Seem to me perfectly reasonable as they are some kind of unique unit.
3) Where are the famous Templars in Southern France, Mallorca and Eastern Spain ? Couldn't imagine a dense medieval setting without those crazy guys. They are a wonderful opportunity for future quest updates!
3) Minor text changes. The Town Crier in Rome is still ashaming the europeans with weird names of a kingdom that no one knows. Could look in these files as well to comply those for your medieval setting, if you like to.

One last note: go ahead! Great mod :sparta:

Download of the tweaked files:
http://www.file-upload.net/download-2727352/Dimos-Europe-1080-0.2--text-files-.zip.html

Attachments:

Pavski

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #148 on: August 07, 2010, 11:29:09 PM »
Wow,
I like the Bulgarian Brigands and the new troops look awesome. If Almughavars are anything like as good as they are on Medieval Total War i will be very happy :)

I will really like being able to talk to village elders from the menu. Keep up the good work! Version 2.5 will be awesome! I will be away for the next three weeks but when i come back i expect to be locked inside my room experiencing medieval europe a la ver 2.5!

kamuisif

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #149 on: August 21, 2010, 01:33:42 PM »
hey guys can you add marriage features and its effect to Character for this Mod your developing... that would be nice no???