Author Topic: Playing with an AI fantasy art app  (Read 1294 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Playing with an AI fantasy art app
« on: December 05, 2021, 10:27:32 PM »
So, I saw people on Twitter playing with the web app Wombo which attempts to produce AI-made art in various styles, so I had a go at some fantasy stuff. Some thoughts:

• Like a lot of AI, it really can't do people, because whilst it can see pictures with people in or has some in its data banks, it can't link them to a concept or understand what the necessary features of one are.
  • It does landscape far better, presumably because that can be a bit choppier without issue
  • When I did the "Fens of Serraty" from my own setting, I got something much more akin to modern East Anglian fenland: I blame the disappointing under-use of fens in fantasy settings (it's probably safter than simply blaming the Dutch, for one thing...).
  • It must be trained or possibly actively train itself on e.g. a google search dataset or similar. Like, the Solas picture might not be a picture of Solas from Dragon Age, but it's one that makes it very clear that some picture or pictures of him were fed into it
  • It's quite good at "vibe" even if not much else: Sparta is blue skied and square in buildings, the elf city has hints of towers etc
  • Having checked, the same prompt creates different images every time, not repeats.
  • I was amused that the spoof name Gilbert of the Riviera came out better than Geralt of Rivia for pictures of Witchers I asked it to do.

Anyway, feel free to share your own amusments :)

« Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 10:36:25 PM by Jubal »
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Gmd

• The one and only
  • Citizens
    Voting Member
  • Quack
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Playing with an AI fantasy art app
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2021, 11:53:25 PM »
Thay geralt and solas one is deeply cursed.
Bunneh and I Rule this land in the name of Supreme Lord Krishna.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") 

Give me my green name back!!! I am always Logothetes

Pentagathus

• King of the Wibulnibs
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2021, 08:55:16 AM »
Gerald Riveiera looks like a painting by the crazy dude who cut his ear off.
Disclaimer:
Am not an art critic.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2021, 10:34:05 AM »
Van Gogh? Yeah, fair. Though it's bordering on Picasso in places.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...