Author Topic: Jan Pub - Friday 28th?  (Read 1514 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Jan Pub - Friday 28th?
« on: January 16, 2022, 12:30:13 PM »
Would the above date work for people?
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Glaurung

• Sakellarios
    Financial Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Jan Pub - Friday 28th?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2022, 06:41:07 PM »
Reasonably well, I think, though I'm likely to be otherwise occupied until about 9pm UK time.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2022, 08:27:27 PM »
I'll get it announced soon.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2022, 05:17:06 PM »
Looking forward to seeing folks tonight :)

dubsartur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2022, 03:27:21 AM »
During the discussion, the topic of people on social media becoming aggressive when faced with the mildest disagreement.  I recently talked about that and why I refuse to engage with people who think some races (and you know which ones) are genetically predisposed to be smarter than others (and you know which ones).  In theory that is no different a claim than "people from some areas are genetically predisposed to be better at running" or "people from some areas are genetically predisposed to be more vulnerable to certain diseases" but in practice you get swarmed with people trying to fool you to believe their prejudices are true.  Yes, engaging in evidence-based discussion with people who say things you doubt is admirable, but engaging open mindedly with every get-rich quick scheme is not so admirable.  And I don't have the skills to look closely at claims based on statistics or genetics.

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2022, 12:44:16 PM »
Sorry I couldn't attend last night. I've been flat out all week preparing for a tabletop thing I'm running tomorrow.

Hope it was good!
<< Signature redacted >>