Author Topic: Tell us about your game trailers!  (Read 8020 times)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Tell us about your game trailers!
« on: February 23, 2022, 12:07:33 PM »
I'm starting on a project to update our YouTube channels and get them more functional, so this is an announcement that we'd like your help - and to help you - when it comes to content for the Exilian Channel, our channel that deals with game trailers, announcements, and informational content (our other channel, Exilian Media, is for music, drama, poetry and other productions).

So do you have a trailer for your game? If so, please reply here to let us know about it! You can find our playlist of trailers here.
  • If you're willing to give us a copy of the video, we'll happily upload all game trailers from Exilian members to The Exilian Channel, whether or not they're mirrored elsewhere. This is one of the quickest ways to get your content in front of our subscribers, and especially if you're not heavily investing in building your own YouTube presence may be a neat way for us to help get the word out.
  • If you want to keep all your videos on your own channel, we completely understand - but we'd still like to make sure they get shown to people. As such, if you have a trailer video for your game already on YouTube, please let us know so we can add it to our game trailers playlist! This will be one of the pinned lists for people coming to look at the Exilian Channel, and will hopefully help ensure that people who look at some of our games get a chance to take a look.

Thanks for your support and hopefully this way we can make our YouTube presence more helpful to all our members, whether they're seeking or making great games to play.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 03:10:37 PM by Jubal »
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

bigosaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Bigosaur
    • Awards
Re: Tell us about your game trailers!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2022, 06:03:41 AM »
Here are mine:

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2022, 12:31:14 PM »
Huh, for some reason YT won't let me save the Rogue Bit or main SoaW trailers to playlists because they're set as "Made for Kids". I guess this is to stop people mixing kids and non-kids videos on playlists that kids will watch, but it's a bit odd.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

bigosaur

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Bigosaur
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2022, 03:26:27 PM »
Huh, for some reason YT won't let me save the Rogue Bit or main SoaW trailers to playlists because they're set as "Made for Kids". I guess this is to stop people mixing kids and non-kids videos on playlists that kids will watch, but it's a bit odd.

I sent you the link to the original trailer file for Son of a Witch, so you can upload it to the channel directly.

It's a huge file, so I don't want to post the link public because all the search engine bots will start downloading it to index it and create a lot of traffic.

I sent it to your @exilian email.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2022, 07:32:38 PM »
Thank you! Well that turned out to be doubly useful, as I realised that the server move Exilian did in May had messed up email downloads so I'd not been getting any Exilian email for the past month. Now fixed, so I got the other email about your new game too, thanks :)