Author Topic: A few questions  (Read 5898 times)

darkstanley

• View Profile
    • Awards
A few questions
« on: October 13, 2009, 12:03:02 AM »
Hello I just downloaded this mod, and I am amazed by the detail put into the map, and the amount of factions!  I am quite overwhelmed by the amount of stuff in it so I have a few questions:

1.  I've noticed there is a firearms skill, but I have not found any firearms or any factions that use them.  Which factions do/Where can I get a gun?

2.  On the map I see factions that are one castle big, are they like micro factions that are part of bigger factions or what are they there for?

3.  I read that sea battles are in it but I see nowhere to get a ship, are they fully implemented yet?

4. Are all the factions meant to be joinable, or are some of them there for something to kill?

« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 12:08:35 AM by darkstanley »

Blueberry

• View Profile
    • Awards
A few questions
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 09:31:42 AM »
Quote from: "darkstanley"
    Hello I just downloaded this mod, and I am amazed by the detail put into the map, and the amount of factions!  I am quite overwhelmed by the amount of stuff in it so I have a few questions:

1.  I've noticed there is a firearms skill, but I have not found any firearms or any factions that use them.  Which factions do/Where can I get a gun?

2.  On the map I see factions that are one castle big, are they like micro factions that are part of bigger factions or what are they there for?

3.  I read that sea battles are in it but I see nowhere to get a ship, are they fully implemented yet?

4. Are all the factions meant to be joinable, or are some of them there for something to kill?

Im not sure if i can answer all your questions, since i'm a relatively new player of this mod aswell, but here it goes.

1. As far as i know there are no guns in the mod, i think its sort of similar to crossbow/arching skills. Then again it could also be that the modders put it there in case somone wanted to add guns in a M&B mod :3

2. The developper of this mod said in a message somwhere that he needs to add in more fightable parties. Those minifactions have potential of becoming as big as others, some of m have near to no vassals tho.

3. The next patch which was set for release last sunday, got postponed because the dev wanted to make sure sea battles actually work, right now they're auto resolve only.

4. Thats entirely up to you, you create the story in the game.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
A few questions
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 04:32:44 PM »
Eventually the mod will include really, really basic firearms. Think like stick some gunpowder and a ball in a tube and then manually bung a match in simple. Hand cannons, in other words.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

darkstanley

• View Profile
    • Awards
A few questions
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 05:40:44 PM »
Thank you for answering all my questions, and keep up the work on this great mod!

Blueberry

• View Profile
    • Awards
A few questions
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 10:21:22 PM »
Quote from: "Jubal"
Eventually the mod will include really, really basic firearms. Think like stick some gunpowder and a ball in a tube and then manually bung a match in simple. Hand cannons, in other words.
Would be cool if you could enable/disable those tho, i can imagine wanting to play with both.