Author Topic: Introducing myself  (Read 2757 times)

Ryuno-Ki

• View Profile
    • jaenis.ch
    • Awards
Introducing myself
« on: October 29, 2023, 02:07:13 PM »
Hey there  :welcome:

I learned about this forum on the Fediverse: https://indiepocalypse.social/@Exilian/111307756751395717

The offer sounded fun so here I am  :caradilis:

I'm from Germany, studied math before I moved into software development. There I mainly work on Frontend Development, but also have a knack for game development.
For several years now I combine the two by participating in GameDevJS and js13kgames competitions.

Before the EM thing happened I got to know several TTRPG people on Twitter. I discovered some on them on the Fediverse.
Through interacting with them I learned about Dungeons & Dragons (as well as other) being a real thing.
I have only heard about them through novels before.

So now I own some 5e books, but still have not played a scenario.

The only exception being the Liffle But Fierce ruleset I played with my son:
https://preview.drivethrurpg.com/en/product/395165/Little-but-Fierce-Starter-Edition (and proofread it during its development).

I'm fairly new on the tabletop site, but my wide range of interests allow me to draw connections.
I would love to get a chance to share ideas with you folks.

Tusky

• Sebastokrator
    Citizens' Officer
    • View Profile
    • Tusky Games
    • Awards
Re: Introducing myself
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2023, 04:42:16 PM »
Hello and welcome! Good to meet you

Glad to hear you have some 5e books, is that with a view to get a campaign going? I have been going through a long running d&d campaign and it is a lot of fun

Are any of your game jam submissions available to check out anywhere?

Hopefully you find some useful resources here, but if you have any questions then feel free to ask! 🙂
<< Signature redacted >>

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2023, 05:05:34 PM »
Yes, welcome! If you have any questions, please ask of course, either here, in the Questions & Suggestions area, or just by messaging me anytime.

As you can see, as well as the Articles section mentioned in the fediverse post (which mirrors between the forum and the articles front page, so we use the forum basically as the CMS for news & articles), we also have the whole rest of the forum which should have a fair few areas that follow your interests.

A few spots that might be of interest are the Senet House (for tabletop development and TTRPG ideas), the Indie Alley (computer game dev/game jams/etc), and there's also the Arcade and Game Room for talking about computer and tabletop games respectively outside a development/ideas context. Don't worry about whether you're posting in the right place or whatever, we're perfectly capable of moving things if we think they need moving, just feel free to throw out whatever you're interested in anywhere and make yourself at home :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Spritelady

• Tribounos
    Site Magistrate
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2023, 07:00:35 PM »
Hello! Always nice to have a new person join us, and I'll echo the sentiment of "if you have any questions, please ask!". I also run regular 5e games for friends and have done so for a few years now, so always happy to chat about that side of things!

BeerDrinkingBurke

• Citizens
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Innkeep
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2023, 02:51:05 AM »
Welcome!
Developing a game called Innkeep! Serve Ale. Be jolly. Rob your guests. https://innkeepgame.com/

Ryuno-Ki

• View Profile
    • jaenis.ch
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2023, 11:42:40 AM »
Are any of your game jam submissions available to check out anywhere?
I'm on Itch.io next to other places. In order to not be dependent on 3rd parties I'm trying to mirror the previous submissions to my homepage.The source code is hosted on my Forgejo instance. I mirror if the rules of the jam requires me to do so.
I consider games a cultural resource and want to do my part on preservation (by open-sourcing it so others can create a copy for study - or remix, because the license allows for that, too).