Author Topic: Twilight Oracle  (Read 1284 times)

Cosmic Void

• View Profile
    • Awards
Twilight Oracle
« on: January 21, 2024, 09:18:13 PM »
Twilight Oracle

Journey to a strange world in search of the fabled Oracle in this fantasy comedy point & click adventure. Play as Leo, a struggling student with the ability to breathe underwater, and explore a desert island and the depths of an alien ocean to uncover your school’s dark past.

Explore the mysterious forests, caves, and shores of an alien world, and plunge into its uncharted depths to uncover its secrets.

Unravel the mysteries of the island with the help of your friends, each with their own unique ability. Collaborate with Marcus, who can conjure fire from thin air, Jill, who can read minds, and Olivia, who can summon a gust of wind.

Get ready to solve puzzles and enjoy the witty (and at times, juvenile) banter between Leo and his friends. Immerse yourself in Twilight Oracle's nostalgic atmosphere reminiscent of classic retro adventures.

Twilight Oracle is going to be available on Windows, macOS, and Linux. It will be available on Steam and Itch.

Game Features:

• A rich world of a classic 2D point-and-click adventure game.
• Stunning pixel-art landscapes.
• Full English Voice Over.
• Subtitles in English, Spanish, German, Italian, French, and Portuguese (BR).
• Humorous banter between Leo and his friends.
• Steam achievements.
• Beautifully crafted scrolling rooms.
• Detailed character portraits.
• Puzzles, naturally!

Twilight Oracle is set to release on January 30th!

« Last Edit: January 21, 2024, 09:44:38 PM by Cosmic Void »

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Twilight Oracle
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2024, 09:36:11 PM »
Wishlisting has duly occurred! I'll try and find some time to have a look at the demo in the next week or so :)
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Cosmic Void

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2024, 09:45:09 PM »
Thanks! Hope you enjoy the demo. :)

Spritelady

• Tribounos
    Site Magistrate
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2024, 12:53:59 PM »
I have also wishlisted this! It looks very cool!

Cosmic Void

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2024, 08:22:31 PM »
Thanks so much! :)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2024, 01:21:05 PM »
I see the release has happened, congrats!
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Cosmic Void

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2024, 11:24:01 PM »
It has indeed, thanks! :)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2024, 07:13:05 PM »
I purchased and played through Twilight Oracle! I enjoyed it! Spoilers obviously ahead for those who haven't played, click the spoiler tag to show each section.

Some thoughts:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The points where I struggled most:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2024, 09:03:02 PM by Jubal »

Cosmic Void

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2024, 08:39:58 PM »
*Spoilers ahead*

Hey, thanks for taking the time to write a review and share your feedback - I appreciate it a ton!

So glad you enjoyed the game. I agree with a bunch of the things you pointed out. I should do better highlighting exits. Having to talk to characters more than once - that could have been designed differently. As for the pompoms - it wasn't a case of just talking to her more than once, but rather - Leo wouldn't ask for the pompoms before talking to the beach dude and learning he needs *cheering* up. So that's the clue to approach the *cheer*leader again. If it makes sense.

(Are you on Twitter, by the way?)

Once again, thanks! Reviews are so important and it's awesome when someone writes one. :)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2024, 09:02:38 PM »
You're very welcome! And thanks for making the game - it was very enjoyable. I'd really like to try doing voicing for this sort of thing sometime, it feels like that kind of little bit of character acting could be quite fun.

My old Twitter is @JubalBarca, but I'm mainly at @JubalBarca@Scholar.Social on fediverse/mastodon these days. (And for Exilian, it's @Exilian@Indiepocalypse.social and @ExilianOfficial respectively, though we're not managing to keep the Twitter up well any more and we get better engagement on Masto).

Also, I should really remember that we have spoiler tags here, edited my earlier post :)