Author Topic: Healthcare in the US  (Read 10755 times)

comrade_general

Healthcare in the US
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2010, 07:39:20 PM »
So is that how you'd figure me to turn out, or am I not as right-wing-nut-job as you thought?  ;)

Quote from: "Jubal"
Guns is another fun debate, but I suspect we should leave that for another thread.  :D
Why argue it, how 'bout you do what you do and I do what I do?  :)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Healthcare in the US
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2010, 07:56:50 PM »
Nope, that's more or less my expectation. It may surprise you to learn  that according to the guys who made that compass most politicians are actually to the right of their voters.

I don't feel the need to argue about guns, though I think America's gun control laws are looser than they need to be and suffer from a lot of misinterpretation by the NRA, etc. Some people in that organisation do seem to hold pretty dumb views, or at least that's what it looks like from this side of the pond. I'd feel less safe in the US I think, particularly in states where one can carry concealed weapons.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

comrade_general

Healthcare in the US
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2010, 08:20:05 PM »
I just have to shake my head. You have no idea what its like to live here. If you come visit I'll be more than happy to show you around.  :)

With all due respect.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Healthcare in the US
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2010, 08:26:37 PM »
Fair play on that; ditto/vice versa with the UK. I guess everything is affected by perspective, and people who seem to be arguing on opposite sides will often find that their underlying principles co-incide but are just worked out differently depending on their situation.

Anyhow... looks like Obama might've wrapped this up for us, until November at least.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

comrade_general

Healthcare in the US
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2010, 04:15:30 PM »
Quote from: "Jubal"
Anyhow... looks like Obama might've wrapped this up for us, until November at least.
Not really, this healthcare thing of his hasn't done anything at all, pretty much fizzled away.

I'm doing now what many have done for years; through the company I work for $10 bucks is taken out of every bi-monthly paycheck and I am fully insured against anything that might happen to me. What ungodly percentage is taken out of your paychecks?

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Healthcare in the US
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2010, 09:07:51 PM »
I only meant wrapped it up as in actually passed the bill, even if it is a ***t bill.

And yeah, single healthy working people like you benefit from your current system. People who can't find work, or are old and poor, or are young with poor parents lose out. You measure a society by how it treats those who can't help themselves, not those who can.

comrade_general

Healthcare in the US
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2010, 12:57:47 AM »
I'm not going to work my butt off to help those who will abuse what they think they are owed.

Private Clark

• Megas Domestikos
    Voting Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Healthcare in the US
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2010, 09:53:19 AM »
Solution: fake Canadian IDs for all Americans! got a problem? us the free health care in Canada!

thats actualy from a Dave Chappelle skit lol.