Author Topic: Scene Progress  (Read 21544 times)

xGhost4000x

• View Profile
    • Awards
Scene Progress
« on: December 21, 2009, 02:22:08 AM »
EDIT: Attached is all the progress so far.

Hi, so with my 3rd triumphant(no?) return I bring you sincere apolgies AND the villages of Kakkan, Quhraksh, Vakris, and Franakkar.

None of these are final, and all of them are subject to change, updates, criticism etc.

First, Kakkan, it's the same as my old one, still needs some spicing up I think.
Second, Quhraksh, Set up on a major cattle route, Quhraksh is a major player in keeping the Voroks fed.
Third, Vakris, being the closest village to the Rodhok Border has not been easy to the people of Vakris, constantly being the target of border raids they have recently relocated their village to a much more defensive position on a hill.
Fourth, Franakkar, while the Vorok nobles wouldn't admit it (and the king definitely never would) they know, deep down that they are far behind in technology compared to there neighbors, which is why the king has recently order the largest mining effort the Vorok people have ever initiated, centering in Franakkar.

Let me know what you think, I should be able to get the other two villages up in the next few days. Hope you like them.

Attachments:
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 04:40:01 AM by xGhost4000x »

xGhost4000x

• View Profile
    • Awards
Scene Progress
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 02:37:49 AM »
And I'm Back  :D

Presenting, Dhror, and Xhorik, the quickest and most cobbled villages ever!
Starring Ghost as that guy.

Attachments:

xGhost4000x

• View Profile
    • Awards
Scene Progress
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 02:46:41 AM »
So I'm working on Castle Vorkar, and I'm wondering if you kow the entry point number for the guards and the lords/ladies.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Scene Progress
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 11:23:03 AM »
Lords and ladies are between 16 and 24 or 25 I think, guards in the 40-43 range.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

xGhost4000x

• View Profile
    • Awards
Scene Progress
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 01:10:04 PM »
And here is the interior of Tulbuk Castle and the interior of Huarikka

Is there an easier way to figure out which scene I am editing? I currently have to make the changes and then, move all of the scenes out of the folder and enter the scene ingame so I get an error message.

Attachments:

xGhost4000x

• View Profile
    • Awards
Scene Progress
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 02:03:52 PM »
Karzul Deep, I have gone through multiple reformats and upgrades on my pc since my old Karzul which I don't have anymore, I noticed you switched it to wooden, so I figured I'd just keep it that way, I added one Stone tower, to press on the idea of the Voroks attempting to modernize there technology, I don't think it effects the castle to much and If you want I can remove it.

Also, I have one guard wandering outside of the castle, don't know why he is there or how to get him back to where he belongs.

Attachments:
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 02:04:27 PM by xGhost4000x »

xGhost4000x

• View Profile
    • Awards
Scene Progress
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 03:14:15 PM »
Castle Vorkar, I think the wall at the far end looks a little ridiculous but I'm no good at building from scratch and I'm equally bad at judging my own work. Enjoy.

Attachments:
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 03:14:29 PM by xGhost4000x »

xGhost4000x

• View Profile
    • Awards
Scene Progress
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2009, 12:22:40 AM »
I believe that the Voroks are done with the exception of touchups, do you want me to continue working on the Voroks or should I move onto another kingdom? I'm still not even sure if the work I did was any good. Please let me know what you think.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Scene Progress
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2009, 11:33:42 AM »
I'll get them ingame later today... with the volume of scening work that needs doing I can't really afford to be fussy, but I'll take a look and tell you what I think.

Just to check, are you using the most recent release? And have you learned how to do AI meshes, out of interest?

Many thanks for your help,

Jubal
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

xGhost4000x

• View Profile
    • Awards
Scene Progress
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2009, 01:29:47 PM »
Sorry I don't even know what ai meshes are, as for the release I am using, it's the one posted up above along with its two patches.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Scene Progress
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2009, 03:17:33 PM »
Right, finally had a look.

The villages are all fine, thanks. And the castle in Huarikka is excellent and much improved.  :)

The castles are really, really good, but not exactly how I envisioned the Vorok castles (mostly my fault probably for getting in a mess with old scenes, notes, etc, so don't worry about it). With that said, would you mind if I used them for a different faction that might be more likely to have that sort of style? Probably the Goriniae are candidates there, the style you've used would be very typical of their forts.

As for AI meshes, I'll dig you out a tutorial. I haven't bothered with them much in the past, but particularly for scenes that need to be besieged they're very useful. Basically the AI mesh is a grid of squares that shows the AI where it can walk on the map (it's this that allows them to go around walls and up ladders and so on without randomly running off the edge).

Many thanks, these are a real help,

Jubal

xGhost4000x

• View Profile
    • Awards
Scene Progress
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2009, 03:33:37 PM »
I'm glad you liked them, I'm perfectly fine with you using the castles for a different faction. I'm just glad to help this mod along in any way possible. I think it is probably the most interesting mod I've played, so any new scenes no matter where they show up is a good thing.

If you have any other areas you wan't me to look into I would be glad to, I though of going through and making sure all the taverns work as intended, as well as basic stuff such as checking for floating objects etc.

That AI mesh thing sounds like it would be extremely useful, both with sieges and with solving the problem of my villagers walking up giant mountains and wondering away from the village.

BTW, I've noticed that Haurikka had a floating bench and fire, so I lowered them to the floor.

Attachments:
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 05:38:27 PM by xGhost4000x »

xGhost4000x

• View Profile
    • Awards
Scene Progress
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2009, 03:54:33 PM »
And update time, it took me five hours to do this, here:

Added spawn point for fugitive in the following villages:
Vakris
Quhraksh
Xhorik
Dhror
Franakkar
Kakkan

Building have been raised or lowered throughout the Vorok lands to appear more...natural.

Haurikka, Tavern has been tweaked, working door added, Town center has been removed of floating buildings, and added a missing weaponsmith + some scenery items, and re-arranged location of horse merchant and banker.

Repaired Scenes:
Camp Paskent (Outside): (Lowered all walls, and buildings plus trees! I now HATE trees!)

Scenes Built from the ground up:
Camp Paskent (Inside)
Maskran
Kithra
Sarba

Attachments:

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Scene Progress
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2009, 05:54:24 PM »
I've re-done Karzul Deep now. My new one has to rank among the bitchiest castles I've ever seen, I love it to bits. :P

xGhost4000x

• View Profile
    • Awards
Scene Progress
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2009, 06:47:44 PM »
Sounds good, any pics?

Haurikka: Fixed Door leading back to TC.

Repaired Broken Scenes:
Fort Castaean (Inside)(Outside)
Fort Carilii (Inside)(Outside)
Chateau Perout (Inside)
Sancellan Castle (Inside)
Alanoia Castle (Inside)
Fort Venthera (Inside)(Outside)

I'm going to say again, I hate trees! Any tips on how to move massive amounts of thing at once, lowering all those trees gets extremely repetitive.

EDIT: Do you know if it is possible to have a door in a village that leads to another part of the village? I tried but it always does weird things, like bring me to the buy screen for village improvements.

Attachments:
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 06:52:55 PM by xGhost4000x »