Author Topic: Scene Progress  (Read 21526 times)

xGhost4000x

• View Profile
    • Awards
Scene Progress
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2009, 03:46:30 PM »
Hey, I am working on more scenes, however I am wondering how sieges are handled. Are they an entire new scene? And, if possible, could you add a debug mode to the game, like in Fury of Odin, where you create a character and have a new option to click at the end. In FoO you can click "BEARCLAW" and you are given a ton of items to start with, but more importantly you can initiate a siege in any town you want at any time, and you can skip the building siege equipment and jump straight to the battle, this would make testing sieges a lot easier.

xGhost4000x

• View Profile
    • Awards
Scene Progress
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2009, 04:02:36 PM »
Hey, from what I have been able to figure, the scenes for Attacking a castle are a different scene entirely right? Which explains why they usually have fires started, walls damaged etc. As well as the scenes for when the AI sallys out, and when you push the enemy to the town center, and then to the castle. I am still wondering if it will be possible or if there is already a way to force sieges on towns/castles. As It would make testing sieges and getting them working properly alot easier.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
  • Awards Awarded for oustanding services to Exilian!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Scene Progress
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2009, 09:13:35 PM »
I don't think they are a separate scene. This being on account of the fact that there is only one file for any of these scenes.... hum.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

xGhost4000x

• View Profile
    • Awards
Scene Progress
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2009, 01:06:35 AM »
hmm, well I was just guessing, but in Fury of Odin I deleted all the scenes and forced a siege and the error message said it was missing scn_town_15_walls so I figured that was the scene for town sieges, I may be wrong.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Scene Progress
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2009, 09:19:15 AM »
The towns have separate wall scenes, but castles don't, to clarify.
The duke, the wanderer, the philosopher, the mariner, the warrior, the strategist, the storyteller, the wizard, the wayfarer...

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Scene Progress
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2009, 10:48:10 AM »
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,61126.0.html

Here's the AI mesh tutorial, it's really really useful.  :D

xGhost4000x

• View Profile
    • Awards
Scene Progress
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2009, 04:00:25 PM »
Thank you I will begin adding meshes to any new scenes I work on. I have another question about sieges if you don't mind. What is it that decides if a scene will use ladders, towers, or broken walls/gates as the center of the siege? Since castles use the same scene for the siege how do some castles appear damaged during a siege? Thanks!

xGhost4000x

• View Profile
    • Awards
Scene Progress
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2009, 03:50:04 PM »
Some new things here:

Fixed:
+floating horses in Varalite Priory between Lacontia and Commagene
+created proper spawnpoints in Fort Aeriga(inside) and added walls to bedroom
+balanced walls, added walkways, and added siege spawn points to Fort Aeriga(outside)
+added seige spawn points to Unuzdaq Castle

New Villages:
+Serash
+Sharah

2 questions for you:

While working on Harlasha Ghaleh I ran into a glitch that prevented me from uploading it today. I could not add this castle because the terrain in some parts of the map constantly shot up when I exited and came back in. So I would lower it, smooth things out and when I re-entered the castle it would shoot up and cover the walls on the east end of the castle.  Do you know what could be causing this. (Yes, I saved  :D  )

Fort Aquantia has no walls! I'm not sure if that's how you intended it, but I was thinking that adding some Wooden Palisades around it would be a logical step to make it feel like an actual siege in the event of  battle. Let me know what you think.

Attachments:

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Scene Progress
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2010, 10:44:12 AM »
No idea about Galeh, that's just wierd.

Aquantis should certainly have walls, yea. Those forts have always been a mess.  :-/

Many thanks for your work so far, and many apologise that it's taken me well over a fortnight to reply, life's a bitch sometimes. I've got some good work going on on the scripting, though, which is good.

xGhost4000x

• View Profile
    • Awards
Scene Progress
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2010, 11:02:32 AM »
Yeah I know that feeling.

I am still working on these scenes but It's going at a slower pace than before. (Probably a good thing, I'll try to polish them more before posting them.)

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Scene Progress
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2010, 02:28:43 PM »
Well, let me know if you work any more magic on this. :)

xGhost4000x

• View Profile
    • Awards
Scene Progress
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2010, 01:56:39 AM »
I don't know if I would call it magic... :)

Anyway, here are the following:

Kerkoporta Castle
Charisius Castle
Xylokerkon Castle
Blachernae Castle
Mesoteichon Castle

Interiors only, but I feel they are unique. I don't think I used the default interiors at all. They are all modifications or cluster jobs. They should feel unique. These are all for the Commagen Empire. As always feel free to use them for any other faction. Sorry I can not turn up more, but between this, playing M&B, trying to get a job, and starting a new hobby(Warhammer 40k) it is hard to find time to balance all of them.

Attachments:

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Scene Progress
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2010, 11:05:57 PM »
Thanks, good work!

xGhost4000x

• View Profile
    • Awards
Scene Progress
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2010, 05:34:19 PM »
Okay I figured out how to enable cheat mode so I can force sieges to happen immediately. I've been trying to figure out exactly how they work. I'm having trouble though because sieges seem to modify the scene without actually creating a new one. For example, I've been using Tilbaut Castle as a example in teaching myself. If I use the cheat mode to enter CastleExterior I get me+my army outside of the castle with damaged walls and a siege ladder. However If I request entrance into the castle and take a walk around the courtyard I spawn inside the castle, using ctrl+e I look outside and the walls are in perfect condition and no siege ladders exist. The part that stumps me is that both of those are scn_castle_6_exterior.sco
So how can the same scene be different depending on whether you access it via a siege(or cheat) or if you access it via the court yard.

Jubal

• Megadux
    Executive Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Scene Progress
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2010, 11:52:58 AM »
No idea... try adding props in siege mode; do those remain when you're in normal mode?